Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of silver Burgman 650 in Feburary 04 after taking MSF & passing only written part of test, was pulled out of riding part on 2 ocassions due to being nervous & advised to look at scooters which I did, & am well pleased with the Burgman. I'm 60 years old and had never ridden before that time & heard nothing but horror tales about the dangers of motorcyling, so I was a bit nervous for a while, but finally got the hang of it by only riding in my neighberhood gradually venturing out a little further each day. I will take the skills test in November for my motorcycle endorsement. I have been reading this forum for quiet some time & finally decided to join. What a great source of information ! :D
Butch
04 Silver 650

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Welcome to the Wide, Wide World of Scootering, Butch. 8)

Starting slow within your comfort zone is a good idea, but there's a time to start stretching your horizons, too. Getting your M/C endorsement is the first step to a new world.

I used to live in Tampa, and still visit Tampa and Orlando from time to time. Maybe I'll see you on the road some time (but not during hurricane season).

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Butch. Glad to have you join us. Like anything else, the more you practice, the better you'll get. Once you get the endorsement and hit the open road, your confidence will build quickly. Look forward to hearing some of your riding experiences. :)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum Butch. Congrats on your scooter and good luck with the endorsement test.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Butch,

Welcome aboard! I realize there are a lot of "readers" out there. It is always nice when they join and start contributing their own input to the forum. Glad to have you with us.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Hi Butch

Welcome :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Welcome Butch, just take your time, I am the same as you,have not got much experiance but it gets easier with miles. Got mine out on big highway last few days up to 60 mph with no problem. This thing just keeps getting better all the time, more power and easy to drive, just about droped it a few times, hope it never happens, but they say everyone does :wink: Wayne

·
Registered
23 Posts
welcome

Hi Butch and welcome. Just like you I had taken the MSF course, But did not do so well in it. My biggest problem was shifting the gears. Since I found out that scooters were a twist the throttle and go type of bike (no shifting involved - Thank goodness!) I became more interested in scooters. When I mentioned to some of my friends that ride motorcycles that I was considering a scooter ,they looked at me as if I was crazy. In their ignorance, they said things like: " Those things are too slow." "They're going to run over you." .......... and so on. Not caring what they said, I continued to do my research on the scooter market. It wasn't until I was out driving one day , that I saw this incredible looking scooter!
I was like:" Oh mannn! I have got to find out what that was!!" I finally found out that I had seen a Burgman 400. I hunted around on the web and dug up some info and had came upon this web site. I have learned much from being here and will continue to learn more in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts