Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and find it very informative and interesting. Have been riding mororcycles for the past 20 years. For the past 10 years I have had scooters. Started with a Honda Elite 250, then a Honda Helix, and 6 weeks ago I got my new silver Burgman 400. Just love it. Now have 1600 Kms on it. Do not like the stock windsheild and have ordered a Givi windsheild, it is on back order so not sure when it will arrive. Hope to see some of the Ontario riders while I am out riding. Scooterrider

·
Registered
68 Posts
NewBurgman!

Hi there from NB If you should ever get you 400 pointed in this direction make sure and drop me an e-mail and stop for a cool one. Enjoy your new ride/RW :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Scooterrider,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad you are enjoying your 400. Seems like there are quite a few of us in the Forum who did some miles on a Honda Elite 250. Mine was a 1985 model.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Scooterrider :wave: and welcome to the forum. If you're ever heading up towards me let me know and maybe we can hook up for a ride. Meanwhile take note of all the nice roads in your area in case I visit you :thumbright:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome scotterrider, I live in Kitchener and have a new 650 burgman with just 800km on it. If you get a chance look up the local chapter of the Southern Crusiers on the net. They have a bike meet every Tuesday night at Zeke's Feed and Fuel on the corner of King and Victoria. I've been the last 3 weeks and its a blast. Of course I'm the only scooter rider there but they seem very accepting of all bikes. Maybe we can get together one evening for a ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From your area too, just got mine 4 weeks ago!

Hi,
I bought my silver 650 from Cycle world in Toronto. Also from Cambridge. I am interested in a better windshield, where did you order the Givi from? What about the Clearview? Any thoughts?
amw

·
Registered
247 Posts
Cozzmoker, I'm located in Kitchener and have the blue 650. I put the larger OEM Suzuki windshield on and notice a vast improvement in the wind department. However I'm 6'3" tall and the wind still hits me in the forehead. If you are under 6' then I think the OEM windshield is for you. If you want to see it let me know and we an meet up somewhere. Maybe ScooterRider could join us?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I LIVE IN CAMBRIDGE, OHIO. WE JUST GOT BACK FROM VACATION AND WE SPENT TWO NIGHTS IN CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO. I DIDNT SEE ANY BURGMANS THOU.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums wcochran2002. Always glad to have another member to the forums.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
wcochran2002 said:
I LIVE IN CAMBRIDGE, OHIO. WE JUST GOT BACK FROM VACATION AND WE SPENT TWO NIGHTS IN CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO. I DIDNT SEE ANY BURGMANS THOU.
Hi wc.....2002

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Good to have you aboard.

Note to Moderators

This thread is getting mighty confusing!
:wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
NormanB said:
Note to Moderators

This thread is getting mighty confusing!
:wink:
Yep. Conversations tend to drift at times - in many of our threads. Unfortunately, it is pretty tricky splitting a thread apart with this forum software, and my first (and last) attempt at that was not well received by the parties whose posts I moved. I kind of made a mental note to avoid doing that in the future... :?

I've seen rigid moderation of other forums drive members away and stifle posting, and while we are atmittedly fairly lax in enforcing adherance to topics, people do feel free to come here, share information, converse, and even joke with each other a bit. I think overall, that is a better atmosphere.

We did put up some posting guidelines yesterday - just common sense stuff.

Now, if I've totally missed your point, well, it won't be the first time (or probably the last either). :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cozzmoker. My Suzuki is the 400 model. I purchased my Givi windshield through Tri-City Cycle in Waterloo which is the same place that I got my 400 from. I really like the windshield and wouldn'd want to be with out it.
Scooterrider

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome !

Welcome to the neighborhood.I am new here myself. I've been lurking in the backround for a while, glad to have finally come out in front. I enjoy it here and I hope you do too.
I don't own a Burgman yet , but when I do get one it'll be a 650.

----Lexx---- 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts