Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Brown Deer, Wisconsin, USA. OK, so first off, where the heck is Brown Deer in Wisconsin? We are a small village, about 2 square miles of land just north west of Milwaukee; the home to great beer, made famous by the TV Shows Happy Days and Lavern and Shirley and the birthplace of Gene Wilder of Willie Wonka fame. OK, having said that, I'm just a humble guy from Brown Deer, who went to the same school as Gene Wilder, several years later.

My Burgman was a 'gift' from my wife for my birthday this year and the 4th bike I have owned.

My first was a Metropolitan, which I enjoyed having for the great gas mileage and it was just fun to ride. Then, after an accident with that bike, my neighbor gave me a 1980 Suzuki Tempter that had about 8000 miles on it. It had sat for about 10 years in his backyard. I brought it back to fair health and had fun riding it for a couple of years, then the repairs far out stretched the value of even that rare bike. This was followed by a Honda Goldwing, which was way to much bike for me and I never really enjoyed it. I only had it out about 4-5 times really and then it needed several thousand dollars of repair, so off the scrap years for that bike. Bikeless for a couple of weeks, we drove past this one sitting at the front of a dealership. They had left it out overnight (With the keys in it!) by accident and we would not have seen it if not for that accident. I called them the next day, took it for a test drive and fell in love with it. I really enjoy the bike. My only complaint would be that it's a touch dicey on the freeway in any sort of windy day. Othewise, it's a fun ride!

I'd love to find other folks around the area who like to take the Burgman or other similar bike for a fun tour of some part of the state - a day trip.

·
Registered
677 Posts
BDBurgmanRider said:
Bikeless for a couple of weeks, we drove past this one sitting at the front of a dealership. They had left it out overnight (With the keys in it!) by accident and we would not have seen it if not for that accident.
Heh, if I came across that I would have taken the key, and then showed up the next day as their Savior. :) "You might be looking for this. If I hadn't kept it safe for you, you might be looking for that instead!" (Pointing at bike.)

BDBurgmanRider said:
I called them the next day, took it for a test drive and fell in love with it. I really enjoy the bike. My only complaint would be that it's a touch dicey on the freeway in any sort of windy day. Othewise, it's a fun ride!
I have done quite a lot of high-speed windy riding. I used to take frequent trips along I-40 in eastern Arkansas, where there are no hills and very little to block the wind. I got blown around a lot, especially when passing or being passed by semis which DID block the wind for me. But I never really felt unstable nor likely to lose control from that. You get used to it, I guess.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Welcome BD....
came up through Wis. last month, on my way to Virginia Minn...
about 70 miles up Hiway 53 north of Duluth.
Ya coulda come along.....spent 3 days riding the Iron Range
& the north shore of Lake Superior.
Gone from home 8 days...rode 1984 miles.
Your '06-400 can do it...now the question is...can YOU do it ??
( gives ya sumpthin ta think 'bout ) :salute:

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts