Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 07 Burgman 400, my first scooter after 12 years of various motorcycles. Now that i have moved within 8 km of the office, my commute is so short that a scooter makes more sense. Plus I'm finding its more fun to ride!
It has 27k kms, it has had the 25 K km major service including some clutch work, as noted on the receipts. Seems to run pretty good, although there is a small squeel starting from stop and some rough engagement of the clutch, but nothing serious.
having fun! First up, new tires.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome from another canuck. Since you have had the recent service and your clutch still grabs and squeals make certain you start out with at least 3500-4000 rpm just to get rolling then you can lower your rpm to adjust your speed.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome db.....
when starting off/taking off,
don't baby the throttle....
twist it good...crank it up.
Babying the throttle results in the
clutch doing a lot of sliding in the
bell housing/driving bell, burnishing
the clutch shoes...& giving you
the squeal....just like brake shoes
in drum brakes on a car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes, you can have the clutch deglazed, just some sanding of the pads, relatively cheap. Or do it yourself. Takes an hour or so, but you need a special tool to hold the bell housing. Then it should run right as rain.

Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome....stretch the legs on that machine - you've got such a lovely riding area ( just came back to flat Ontario ).

It will surprise you in the twists as weight is so low. Others can comment better on the 400 specifically but if it's anything like the 650 it's flat out fun to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts