Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: From the UK.
First Burgman 650 I have had, very very impressed top line cruser. very good performance. comfort no contest. looks good, good on fuel. got my thing to take on the back of our motorhome, for Europe treks, see the sights, in comfort. Thre don't seem to be that many over here in the UK, unlike the US.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Norm, and welcome!

I agree with your appraisal of the Big Burger.

How the smelly 'eck do you lift it onto the tail end of your motorhome without getting a rupture? :shock:

Safe roads.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
chiefkeefe

How the smelly 'eck do you lift it
All the Brits are MANLY men. Have you never seen a pic of Prince Charles? :lol: :lol:

Welcome and safe riding. BTW how do you put that beast up there? and on what? :?: :?:

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
normski said:
First Burgman 650 I have had, very very impressed top line cruser. very good performance. comfort no contest. looks good, good on fuel. got my thing to take on the back of our motorhome, for Europe treks, see the sights, in comfort. Thre don't seem to be that many over here in the UK, unlike the US.
Hello 'fellow Norm' and welcome to the forum :hello2:

Look forward to hearing tales of 'derring-do' and how to lift Lardys' up in the air soon. :lol:

You certainly do not see many Lardies in the UK (but there are 3 within 3 miles of me!!) but in proportional terms we are probably about the same as the States in terms of the overall market (although they were not imported into North America until 2003 - so they are just gathering pace now. The 650 is certainly more popular there than the 400 whereas the converse applies in the UK (& the rest of Europe).

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you are enjoying the 650.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the board, Normski! Glad you like the Burgman. Pretty soon you'll be looking for a trailer hitch so you can ride the Burgie and tow the motorhome :thumbleft:

Have fun on your journey.

·
Registered
520 Posts
NormanB said:
normski said:
Hello 'fellow Norm' and welcome to the forum :hello2:

Look forward to hearing tales of 'derring-do' and how to lift Lardys' up in the air soon. :lol:

You certainly do not see many Lardies in the UK (but there are 3 within 3 miles of me!!) but in proportional terms we are probably about the same as the States in terms of the overall market (although they were not imported into North America until 2003 - so they are just gathering pace now. The 650 is certainly more popular there than the 400 whereas the converse applies in the UK (& the rest of Europe).
Let us NOT forget the great Motorhome lift system on one of my pages at:
http://members.cox.net/pappys/The%20Unusual%20Files.htm Starting 4th picture down. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The big lift

:roll: Well thanks for the geet! nice bunch! As far as the lift goes, one of 3 ways we can do it. on the back of the RV electric lift (1). (2) A ramp. (3) the good old trailer. have not got the RV yet so, when we have it in about 3 ish weeks I will look into which is the cost thing and practical to do the job.

Silly question, how do gain access to the oil filler and check level. book which comes with the Burger, is only good for wiping your ass with!!! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts