Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, ever since getting my Burgman, I've been steadily getting my riding gear kit expanded. Just tonight, I added an extra helmet and a new mesh jacket, but while on eBay I found a very nice-looking textile and leather motorcycle jacket from a manufacturer named Hein-Gericke. For the price it was being sold at, I jumped at it, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of them, and if so, if it's a good jacket for riding?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Good brand, though some models better than the others. But think this holds true with every manufacturer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wow, looking at the size selection I couldn't fit in any of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, looking at the size selection I couldn't fit in any of them.
I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Hein Gericke shut down their US Operations sometime last year and the various retailers that carried the line are offloading their stocks at cut-rate prices. The brand apparently is a top name in Europe, but it tanked here in the US for reasons unknown to me.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I've had a Hein Gericke jacket for nearly 35 years (purchased in 1989), it saw a lot of wear before i moved to Florida, and not so much since--still looks pretty good for it's age. The lining and knit cuffs are still perfect; the leather is soft an supple with no cracks at all...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice kit generally, the wife has a leather blouson type jacket which looks great, but I hear that they went out of business in 2012. A friend tells me they are trying to make a comeback at the moment.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I recall they are somehow a sister brand to FirstGear. I had a HG jacket years ago and it was good. I happen to really like HG brand leather conditioner, a cream that absorbed well on my leather jacket and leather m/c seats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my Hein-Gericke came in today... WOW! For $45, I wasn't expecting much, but it's wonderfully crafted, thickly lined, and comfortable to boot. I like it so much that I'm going to get another one just because. I'll get some pics snapped off soon, as I really like this jacket. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts