Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been VERY impressed by the Heidenau Scouts on my Vstrom....20,000 km and loads of tread left.

Did not know they made scooter tires.

But this is the closest I could see

160/60HR-14 for the Burgman

versus

150/70 – 14 M/C 66S TL from Heidenau

any idea if that would fit?

I put in a request for a Scout version for the Burgman 650 - add your voice

http://heidenautires.com/contact/

you can see how square the tread is and I've now got 20,000 km on the Vstrom set and lots of tread left.
There is a solid bar of rubber down the middle of that tire and that's where the high mileage comes from.

We know they are going to square off....better to start with a square tread design in the first place and reinforced centre.
On rider I was talking to got 22,000 miles out of his.

Now ....they are noisy but I think most riders would trade some noise for long wear life and a bit of traction off pavement. I would.

left tire here has 12,200 miles on it.

wish my burgman looked as good as that

here is one with 10k miles on it

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This says yes !!!

Heidenau K 66 - Scooter

Heidenau K 66 - Scooter
Heidenau extends its range by new models and dimensions.
The new tyres are the Scooter sport tyre, the all rounder #K66 and of course the #K66Snowtex winter tyre.
The K66 is a modern all round tyre for daily use with balanced performance on wet and dry roads. By the open profile design the tyre provides superior water drainage on wet roads. The K66 also offers superb grip on dry roads, especially on slippery road surfaces the open tread blocks offer higher level safety.

The K66 Snowtex combines the characteristics of the K66 profile with the advantages of a high-quality silica rubber compound. This, and special textile fibres in the compound maximize grip under winter conditions and at temperatures below 7°C. So the K66 Snowtex provides outstanding traction and high safety reserves on the cold season of the year.

Following a long period of development and extensive test cycles, they will be available in 160/60 -14 (65H) TL dimensions.
For the front, we will also offer both profiles in size 120/70 -15 (56H) TL.

So it will soon be possible to equip maxi-scooters such as Suzuki Burgman 650, Gilera Nexus 500 or Kymco MyRoad 700, with tires from the Saxony manufactory.

·
Administrator
18,734 Posts
I have run a 150/70 S 14 on my AN650 in the past with excellent results. It was a Michlen Gold Standard. It did get the odometer exactly on and the speedo from 9% down to 4% so 5% closer to exact.

How much is a 150/70 S 14? Be forewarned that it is a S speed rating and unless it says it is a radial is most likely a bias ply but nothing wrong with that if you know it going in.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Be forewarned that it is a S speed rating and unless it says it is a radial is most likely a bias ply but nothing wrong with that if you know it going in.
What would be the difference between a radial and a bias ply?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
IIRC there are no reports on the Heidenau K66 on the German Burgman650 forum.

The majority use Bridgestone, and Metzeler is 2. most popular.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be a new release or people don't know about it ( as I didn't )

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I just looked again.

It was hard to find the one guy who actually had a pair of K81's fitted and after riding 3 unpleasant hours on them had the dealer take them back in favor of new Bridgestones.

So, not recommended.

The other posts in the thread were the Germans fighting over if the old rules that state that only the size, brand and type of tires listed in the registration documents still apply.

As far as I can tell from the side line, they have been overruled, but the diehards won't accept it, including some vehicle inspectors, which will flunk a bike in the yearly test, if the tires are the wrong brand or 2 different brands.

The Germans also believe mixing tire brands is inherently dangerous and can lead to out-of-the-blue death wobbles.

The German tire industry has been very effective in limiting choice and driving up prices.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Where are the Heidenau tires made?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If there were a reasonable priced 20k mile tire, i would be all over it. There is not. Darkside it is.....

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If there were a reasonable priced 20k mile tire, i would be all over it. There is not. Darkside it is.....
I understand the frustration.. but also apparently there are insurance implications so many places won't do it and I'd hate to have an insurance claim denied on a tire issue
I get grilled by insurance as to any non-stock things.

send Heidenau US a note about gretting a K60 equivalent for the Burgman 650
and at least ask them about the existing 66 series that would fit the Burgman 650 as it was announced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts