Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the heated seat can now be bought from USA dealers as an accessory, apparently only for the 2013 650. Does anyone know if it includes the switch for the front panel? None of the online sellers I've found list the details.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm a little annoyed that some markets get all the options on vehicles with reference to motorcycles here and particular emphasis on the AN650L3, while some don't.

Looking at the new '13 in NZ at the moment, but seems that Suzuki NZ (which might be Suzuki Australia), are only landing the model excluding the heated grips and heated seat option. What gives, it gets friggin cold in NZ like most other jurisdictions that have 4 seasons / year. I feel so aggrieved by this incredulous attitude, that I'd consider buying a '13 Burgy in another market that does offer these options, and import the scoot myself.

Link to similar thoughts here: http://burgmanriders.com/suzuki-burgman-reviews/805/

Are you reading this Suzuki NZ?

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
I'm a little annoyed that some markets get all the options on vehicles with reference to motorcycles here and particular emphasis on the AN650L3, while some don't.

Looking at the new '13 in NZ at the moment, but seems that Suzuki NZ (which might be Suzuki Australia), are only landing the model excluding the heated grips and heated seat option. What gives, it gets friggin cold in NZ like most other jurisdictions that have 4 seasons / year. I feel so aggrieved by this incredulous attitude, that I'd consider buying a '13 Burgy in another market that does offer these options, and import the scoot myself.

Link to similar thoughts here: http://burgmanriders.com/suzuki-burgman-reviews/805/

Are you reading this Suzuki NZ?
But when it Toasty Warm up in the regions that control the market its Blistering cold in NZ. Why the Suzuki USA management thinks that the Pacific NorthWet does not need heated seats and grips gets me burning too. Come on, I am above Toronto Quebec Canada by quite a ways. Toronto is about as north as between Eugene and Roseburg Oregon. :booty:

·
Registered
426 Posts
But when it Toasty Warm up in the regions that control the market its Blistering cold in NZ. Why the Suzuki USA management thinks that the Pacific NorthWet does not need heated seats and grips gets me burning too. Come on, I am above Toronto Quebec Canada by quite a ways. Toronto is about as north as between Eugene and Roseburg Oregon. :booty:

I hear you Dave_J, I do. I don't understand why the local distribution agents (NZ, OZ, USA, Canada and others) don't get the model as Europe is being given? It's not like the additional heated gear doesn't have a use in those respective markets. Even places in OZ that sizzle e.g. Perth, Kalgoorlie, Broome, and even to a lesser extent Darwin/Alice Springs etc., can and do get real cold during the winter or cooler season.

So I don't get it. While I appreciate that the two heated devices can be bought as OEM extras, it would make it a whole lot easier and less expensive financially (since the individual parts always cost more than do total sum of those parts, and then add in the dealers charge to fit those parts) and in time, to buy the scoot directly of the showroom floor with the same 'extras' having been fitted ex-factory, where it's been done right and integrated from the get go.

Perhaps it is a tactic by the regional distributor to extort additional money out of parts...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I live in Florida but, as a daily commuter, I've also got heated gear for those days when it's just too bloody cold to ride in just a speedo.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd just get the Gerbings pants, its about the same price as getting a heated seat, i did the math with the heated grips and it was no brainer, i went for the heated gloves.

my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
I too am thinking that when I must replace my heated grips I will change over to heated gloves. My grips are almost worn down to the coils and the right one started to slip on the throttle sleeve and I was stuck on a freeway ramp with no throttle when it stripped out. I found a wood screw and with my tool set screwed it in the space between the sleeve and grip. Has worked for 4 months so far. As far as the OP question, I looked for the controler and could not find the part number. Maybe a Canadian member can do a look up. I'd almost bet that the wiring harness has the connectors.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 13 does have the wiring connectors. I just can't seem to find out if the switch is included for that price. I also use heated gloves. I have the Tourmaster Synergy gloves and they are great.

·
Registered
630 Posts
...Come on, I am above Toronto Quebec Canada by quite a ways. Toronto is about as north as between Eugene and Roseburg Oregon. :booty:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Cherie est susceptible d'être ennuyé avec vous pour confondre l'emplacement de Toronto. Nous sommes anglo-bozos qui utilisent les maillots de polyester, non francophones élégantes qui fument trop.

The heated seat option always confused me, since I've NEVER had..errr...cold cheeks. Hands and feet, yes but no issues at 5 degrees (celsius) + 100km/h windchill.

Much under that, I'm reluctant to risk ice patches and the promise of injury.

·
Registered
630 Posts
One more vote for Tourmaster Synergy gloves. They put the heat to the back of your hand and fingers, which works better than grips, though they are bulkier. Unfortunately, the heating elements in the thumbs are on the wrong side. They really need to be on the bottom (fingerprint?) side--since hands on the grips points them into the wind.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave_J View Post ...Come on, I am above Toronto Quebec Canada by quite a ways. Toronto is about as north as between Eugene and Roseburg Oregon. . Quote by Freewheel: . Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Cherie est susceptible d'être ennuyé avec vous pour confondre l'emplacement de Toronto. Nous sommes anglo-bozos qui utilisent les maillots de polyester, non francophones élégantes qui fument trop. Sorry!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just ribbing ya,Dave! About Cherie, that is. The bits about Toronto, Ontario and me being a poorly dressed bozo are correct!

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
When I was searching latitudes of southern Canada I got a few posted on a sticky note and copied the right city to the wrong providence. So many people think that the USA east coast is farther north than us out here on the Wet Coast. The 49th Parallel is even with Paris France and Stuttgart Germany If I remember. Most of southern parts of England is more north than the east coast USA. This glitch on the web site will not allow me to quote anyone or add spaces between paragraphs. :cussing:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I use Gerbing heated gloves, jacket liner, pants liner, & insoles. The only thing I miss is a heated helmet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The idea of heated riding gear is a pretty good, as this makes the means transferable between rides etc. Any other quality brands of these that others have tried, not already mentioned?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I have a cruise control, and put my hands between my knees and they are warm enough
JimV

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heated Gear

I also use the Gerbings heated jacket liner and the dual controller. Next may be the glove liners. I looked at the First Gear jacket liner and it seemed nice but the wife pointed out that the cuff on the Gerbing was tighter around the wrist so I would not get air up my arms on the inside. I can now wear lighter jacket with the liner and a short sleeve shirt! Nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts