Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the OEM heated seat and heated grips today. The heated seat comes with the switch that installs in the dash. All the connectors are on the bike's wire harness, so everything is plug and play, at least they are on my 2013. Very easy install, took about 20 minutes. The heated grips are a little more difficult to install but there were no surprises. I did discover there are two other unused electrical connectors on the bike's wire harness in the same area as was found the connector the heated grips plug into. What these connectors would be used for I have no idea. I tested out the heated grips and they get very hot. I haven't had a chance to try the heated seat yet, it is 108 degrees today in Phoenix.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Was there anything to install in the seat? Is it pre wired for heat?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was there anything to install in the seat? Is it pre wired for heat?
The seat comes with a back rest and prewired with the heat. The only thing you need to transfer from the old seat is the light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the cost I for the seat and grips?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the cost I for the seat and grips?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Burg...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed2717784&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Burg...Parts_Accessories&hash=item258f8aba68&vxp=mtr

Above is where I bought both the seat and grips from. Bought them both on the 27th of May, they both arrived on Jun 5th, $449.95 for the seat and $224.95 for the grips. Both had free shipping and I'm glad because the box the seat comes in is huge and would cost a small fortune if shipping was extra.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmm.. I just put heated grips on mine for $20. Cycle gear had them on sale.

I use a Bunz-eze pad that retains heat for a couple of hours in the cold and also retains cold for a couple hours in the summer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
azccj,
Is the heated seat identical to the stock one in terms of shape/height/softness? Did you notice if it was any higher than stock? I heard that the heated seat on the 650 is higher than stock. Is it the same with 400?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
azccj,
Is the heated seat identical to the stock one in terms of shape/height/softness? Did you notice if it was any higher than stock? I heard that the heated seat on the 650 is higher than stock. Is it the same with 400?
As far as I can tell the heated seat looks identical to the normal 2013-14 650 seat. I don't know anything about the 400 seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heated grips

Just received a new pair of heated gloves from VOLT! Awesome, 4 heat settings, waterproof, wind proof, heated on both sides and cordless! What's not to like and cheaper than heated grips. www.voltheat.com

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Just received a new pair of heated gloves from VOLT! Awesome, 4 heat settings, waterproof, wind proof, heated on both sides and cordless! What's not to like and cheaper than heated grips. www.voltheat.com
Nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I am trying to find a pre installed Connector on my 2008 Executive , for heated seat. Could i Ask for a picture of the connector an where to look for it? I so need a hot Seat here in Noyway??
Kind Regards Ivar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts