1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Most local store's are offering Halloween discounts in-store as well on that gear.
If you live near one you could save more by going in to buy. My buddy has them and likes it but had to return the pants for a replacement as they only worked for about a week. All is good now though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks for the link! I wonder how warm it keeps you down to whatever temperature.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link! I wonder how warm it keeps you down to whatever temperature.
Where you live it should do nicely. I never even used heated gear (not that I wouldn't have had I had it back then) when I lived in Texas. When it is below freezing I put my heated jacket on over a long sleeve t-shirt and then a cheap Chinese made snowmobile suit on over that and I am good to go. I do wear insulated boots and have heated grips and a thin balaclava under my helmet.

Makes me wonder why so many people put their machines away when the first leaves start to fall. Some of the best riding weather there is is just starting!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I got the jacket and glove liners last winter (same deal, incidentally) and I really like them. They've kept me toasty warm on a 90-minute commute in the mid 30s and once down into the upper 20s. Now winter only lasts a few weeks down here, but during those few weeks it was great to feel as if the warm sun was shining on my back even in that coldest hour before sunrise. Don't forget the glove liners; they keep the outside of the fingers warm, not just the palm side the way heated grips do.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have never used heated gear, preferring to carry layered stuff with me. I've read just enough accounts of heated gear failing. Granted it probably doesn't happen often, but if it does in severe conditions you could be in real trouble. I also carry a little thermal emergency blanket which takes up very little space and could warm me by the engine if needed.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Heck my gear is heated all the time just sitting in my Burgman. Still in the lower 90's here. :cool:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never used heated gear, preferring to carry layered stuff with me.
Yeah, well the trouble is if I put enough gear on to keep me warm without the electric heat I might not even be able to waddle over to the bike and get on it.

Never had an electric vest or jacket quit working on me in the last 20 or so years of using them but since they are not the only thing that I have with me to keep me warm (albeit the most important) I think that I would be OK to get to my destination and/or back home again should it ever happen.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about having the heated gear breaking. What I think you should be prepared for is keeping warm if you scooter breaks down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts