Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am impatiently waiting to collect my new Burgman 650 ABS Executive. :)
I have today been to the dealer to see if I can have Suzuki heated grips fitted, but looking at some previous posts, some say the executive is already fitted with them???
Has anyone (especially in the UK) got a executive, and has it got heated grips fitted as standard.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You already have them you lucky dog. Executive does come with the grip heaters installed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Andy, Allwalk,

To my knowledge they are an optional extra. It's a "world bike" as opposed to a series of domestic models. Between the various markets, the only difference that I'm aware of is the name. Grip heaters are listed as an option on the Japanese website, and are not listed as standard equipment on the global site although chrome bar ends, chrome heat shield, passenger backrest and electric folding mirrors are - as they are on the Japanese website.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcycle/moto/index.html

It's probably an optional extra.

I've got them fitted on mine - I would never own a motorcycle for anything than more than the thinnest of uses that didn't have these fitted. I've got them on the 650, Reflex and X11. Although they are Suzuki optional equipment, they are identical to the Honda items - thermostat, microchip controlled variety that don't drain battery power when the ignition is off. They are obviously white labelled and supplied to all manufacturers by Honda.

Give your dealer a call to confirm - it's his job to tell you what specification your bike will be delvered to you in.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
My apologies then ......I should have done more research before offering an opinion :dontknow:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have told the dealer, and basically he needs to wait until the bike arrives (Tuesday) to see if they are fitted, this is the first 650 that my dealer has sold, and so he has never seen one!
He is a fantastic dealer, and I do know the mechanic has been on the 650 training course.

Andy

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey Allwalk, sorry if I sounded "know-it-all". I was deep in research of this before purchase of my 650 just three months ago now, so with it all being so fresh in my mind, perhaps I wrote that with a bit too much authority. :salute: Anyway, could be wrong. Better wait and see in what state Andy's bike is delivered.

We can't let these Executives get everything as standard though, can we... :angryfire:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been to the dealer today, and saw the scoot for the first time.
The Executive (in the UK) is not fitted as standard with heated grips.
Mine are being fitted today £140 ($254)........ :shock:

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts