Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put a vent that could open and close in the hump (motor cover)
For heat on cold rides? If so and most important......did it work/help?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've been thinking about the same thing, I believe the Kymco MyRoad 700i has a vent like that I'm not sure though, it may be other bike.

I'd be really nice to come up with something like this, I couldn't come up with some place where the air gets heated but not contaminated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heat

I've wondered about that, but when I open the fuel door it does not look open to the radiator and the engine is behind. I own a Majesty, but our bikes are made the same. If I get to ride later today, I may reach down and open the door to see, but at this time I think heated gear might be the only way to keep warm. It would be a great sales point if free heat was available so I would think the manufactures would jump on the chance to provide it. It gets cold in Japan as well.
Tom

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My heated vest under my leather coat along with windproof riding pants take care of the issue for me.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I think it might work. On the 2013s, the there is a small cover on the left side of the hump where the oil filler is located. I rode mine without the service cover and the opening put out some heat on my lower leg and ankle area. One might be able to get a couple of closeable vents like on the older Goldwings. If anyone tries it, I would be interested what they used and how it works.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Derrill, I did ride today. My display reported 54F so just had to go. After my bike read normal temp. I opened the fuel door. There was no warm air in that location. Possibly higher up under the glove boxes, but none felt down on the hump. It gets directed down below the bike in front of the fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts