Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how accurate this info is. A dealer told me that after 2020 Suzuki is going to stop making the Burgman 650 and work on upgrading the Burgman 400. 650 sales have dropped in the past six years and 400 sales have increased. Has anyone heard this?

I hate to see the 650 model dropped as it is a great bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,389 Posts
I do love the 650 but the newer 400s look pretty good.
They won't be as adept in mountains and such but should be OK. Really they're kida the top of the whole mini-max thing in a lot of ways.
of course I'd prefer to see a re-engineered 650 using an eCVT but setup so you can change the @!#[email protected]!! belt without having to burn two days or 2 grand...

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a chain on my 650 and prefer that over a belt. Never slips! Really the 400 should go to 500 tuck the side mirrors in and improve the body which is now cheaply made. Add on a softer seat for longer rides and add more LED lighting very important to be seen. Maybe add some brighter color paint not just blue black and white.

·
Super Moderator
12,389 Posts
I kinda like the blue. Haven't seen anything but blue white or gray on the 650 in a decade or more.

I have a chain on my 650 and prefer that over a belt. Never slips! Really the 400 should go to 500 tuck the side mirrors in and improve the body which is now cheaply made. Add on a softer seat for longer rides and add more LED lighting very important to be seen. Maybe add some brighter color paint not just blue black and white.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brighter colors can been seen. I wear bright green jacket with a bright green helmet look like a far grasshopper but I can be seen on the bike. Better than having on black on a black bike as people in cars have no regard for bikes and if you can't see a bike you can be a gone pecan

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
I have a chain on my 650 and prefer that over a belt. Never slips!
Do you just have one gear ? Could you post a pic of your chain drive ?

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Say it isn't so. I've been hoping that they are taking a year out to do a refreshing of the model and making it Euro5 compliant. I'm holding onto that till we hear something official from Suzuki. Don't know what's going on with Japanese bike manufacturing, with Suzuki dropping my favorite of their line and Honda has dropped the other one that I was interested in when the rumors of Burgman 650's demise started. I refuse to pay for service on any of BMW's offerings. Don't know what Im going to do. I guess when my 650 gives up the ghost, I'll have to hang up my helmet and wash my truck. Dang, say it isn't so.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
The last BMW service I paid was $100 an hour and I’ve read here that Suzuki Shops are charging $100 an hour . Long Live LeDude and Harbor Freight Coupons !

Saving my C notes for my next lightly used B650.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
116 Posts
The last BMW service I paid was $100 an hour and I’ve read here that Suzuki Shops are charging $100 an hour . Long Live LeDude and Harbor Freight Coupons !

Saving my C notes for my next lightly used B650.
When I first met my riding buddy, he had the BMW 650. He pissed and moaned about the service prices and then decided he would do his own oil changes. I don't remember exactly what was different with him doing it himself, but it wasn't as straight forward as with the Burgmans. Plus he had to pay $35.00 service to turn the oil minder light out. Either you pay the service or you purchase the $250.00 thingamajig to do it yourself. Anyway, after hitting a pot hole and damaging something on his BMW and waiting months to get it back, just to find out that the technician screwed up and waiting months to figure out what BMW was going to do to make it right, he let them buy it from him and went and bought a Burgman. My only issue with him buying a Burgman is they are both white and we look like a couple when we ride together. I need to invest in some stickers.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
You and your bud need to get some black vinyl stickers that read POLITE

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Do you just have one gear ? Could you post a pic of your chain drive ?
I think Burgman650$$ has a true TRIKE with a chain drive unit..

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Dave_J do they replace the CVT with the conversion does it have reverse?

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Dave_J do they replace the CVT with the conversion does it have reverse?
No. It replaces the rear tire and shocks. Then it bolts on over the Final Drive. It then extends back with a chain to the drive axel. It also has frame mounts.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
114 Posts
Say it isn't so. I've been hoping that they are taking a year out to do a refreshing of the model and making it Euro5 compliant. I'm holding onto that till we hear something official from Suzuki. Don't know what's going on with Japanese bike manufacturing, with Suzuki dropping my favorite of their line and Honda has dropped the other one that I was interested in when the rumors of Burgman 650's demise started. I refuse to pay for service on any of BMW's offerings. Don't know what Im going to do. I guess when my 650 gives up the ghost, I'll have to hang up my helmet and wash my truck. Dang, say it isn't so.
When I went the the Motorcycle Show in December a Suzuki Rep said that they are stopping the production of the 650 for a few years. The rep said it will be back but maybe not for another couple of years.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A couple low value comments … hey, that's all I'm good for! :D

1. I would be fine with the power and economy of the 400. But, I rode a 400 perhaps 10 years ago, and had to get a couple fillings replaced afterward. The vibration is just too much. If they could fix that, I'm down with it. I thought it had plenty of power. I have a 400cc ATV, and I'm astonished each time I ride it as to how powerful it is. And it is not a sport, but a big heavy 4X4 utility.

2. I would rather have a belt drive on the Burgman that the final drive that is on it.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
A couple low value comments … hey, that's all I'm good for!
What do you want for free ? It seems every 45 days for the last nine months someone has started a thread concerning the demise of the Burgman 650.

What do you want us to tell you ? Jump in and get wet with us as we float down de nile 🧺😄

Reactions: BurgyBill
1 - 20 of 43 Posts