Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Healtech OBD tool and how valuable is it to you? I think it is worth the $229.00 but want some additional input from someone with experience with it.

Thanks, Larry

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
I think this has been discussed before, a search may answer your question but short answer if memory serves is no one has it and no one wants it because you cant monkey with it (and we got lots of monkeys) to fix things , it's just a reader and is basically as useful as a paperclip in the right place and a shop manual

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'd like to see the paper clip that can read out sensor values real time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if my engine started to act up, but it hasn't yet.

Knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Only $200? Heck, buy it just for the warm fuzzy feeling you'd receive from supporting a world economy instead of mainland China's economy! Seriously though, I have a reader and I love it. (Now I have to go and check to see where my reader was made :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
The only advantage I can see is that it appears to give real time data, versus a volt-ohm meter and probes (static). Yes, I'd like to have one. I still think a sensor or two is not quite right, but without a real time running diagnostics tool, I can't find the sensors. Remember, volt-ohm tests are basically static. Still, if I had some serious money burning a hole in my pocket I might get it. I could not tell if the software was included or not – if not, then how much? I had a demo-program one time that "pretended" it was hooked up a Burgman 400 but was just running on the screen.

Now if you want to change up the parameters of some of the electronics, why? Basically each component is inter-related to another and then to the computer and back again. If you start messing with one then it could affect areas you hadn't expected to. This tool appears to be a highly prioritized scanner.

So would someone PLEASE tell me WHAT they would want to reset/tweak/adjust if this tool could do that? You can buy an aftermarket kit to adjust your air-fuel ratio (limited in California). Besides, what possible "pollution" controls would you want to adjust and why? If I had one, I'd take it and watch what I feel may be less than optional sensors - not bad enough to throw a code, but bad enough to make not right. For example, I've meter tested almost every sensor on my K9-400 (and pulling he airbox all the way out was not fun). The coolant sensor on the engine block had some off reading by the meter - but still wanted to see what it was actually reading versus a calibrated thermometer. My reason, for one, my bike tended to warm up very slowly in the winter and the mileage and plugs were horrid. If I could show the temp sensor was bad, then I could get a new temp sensor.

Or, if one sensor is reading a false higher temp and causing the ECM to lean and another sensor was reading a false cold/cool temp, thus wanting the ECM to richen – this could be causing conflicts that the little Suzuki Burgman brain isn’t able to settle so both sides lose.

Bruce

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The Healtech package includes both the hardware: An adaptor box with a USB cable and a cable with a plug that conects to the diagnostic receptacle, as well the software, which runs on a Windows PC.

According to my reaserch, Suzuki motorcycles (and outboard engines) "speak" K-line, for which I already have an interface cable, but without the proper software to communicate using Suzuki's protocol and translating said into meaningful text, it's to no help.

I have looked high and low for Suzuki's own as well as Healtech's software, but to no avail.
Somehow i think Healtech's software requires the adaptor to be their own, while Suzuki's doesn't.
A Chinese clone of the Suzuki diagnostics tool costs as much ex works China as the Healtech costs delivered, without the risk of stupid customs fees.
However, it would be a major breakthrough if we could just use a $10 diagnostics interface and Suzuki's software "found" on the Internet.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@ErikDK: Where did you see the chinese version? I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Tell me how you want to do this "just as good with a multi-meter":
Set up the trigger to be used by Data monitor.
Select the trigger from five types listed below.
•Without trigger
•Any of DTC
•Specific DTC
•Trigger of input data
•Manual trigger
Trigger can record the timing of DTC display or can be operated as record start timing of the saved data.
When the condition of failure is not clear, it is necessary to determine the engine speed and throttle opening
etc. at the time of failure. The conditions of failure can be narrowed down by making the detected DTC mem-
orize as trigger. In addition, it is possible to set up the change of input data as trigger.
The trigger setup is composed as shown below.
Trigger type designation-> Specific diagnostic code (DTC)
designation Trigger of input data setting ->Post trigger process setting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts