Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Burgman AN650. High beam headlight went off. Low beams working fine, passing flash working fine (which means the high beam bulbs are OK). But the high-low switch does nothing. I only get low beams. I replaced the switch, the whole unit and it worked for a couple of days. Now my high beams are gone again. I repeat that the passing flash switch works fine. Is it the switch again? Or is there something else doing this? Other than this everything else is working fine.

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
While it is possible the new switch has gone bad I would not think it is likely unless you have something in the system that is overloading the switch and burning it out. When you replaced the switch did you check out the wiring to make sure there was not a short in it? Have you tried bypassing the switch with a jumper wire to see if the lights will come on? Have you tried testing conductivity through the switch with a multi meter or test light to see if it is working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee, almost 2 years have gone by and I didn't answer! Shame on me! Sorry about that. Yes, the problem was a short in the wiring. Took me a while to find out but I did it and the headlights are working fine. So now I have a complete switch and wiring as spare... Thanks for your help, Buffalo and happy riding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts