Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my burger from the shop. The headlights were hooked up incorrectly. On low, the right lamp is glowing slightly yellow and cuts off when set to high. Service department claims only on lamp is supposed to be on on low and both on high.

My recollection, since taking delivery of the scoot, is that both were on on low and high and they both burned with the same intensity (no yellowish tint). Is this correct?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
That is correct. Suzukis run both sides on both high and low beams. It is Yamahas - and possibly some others - that only run one side on low beam, and the other side on high beam. The person you talked to is wrong - and you definitely have a problem with your lights.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
not going nuts. I totally agree with Pauljo. Go back to the mechanic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll agree with the others... both lights are on for dims and both lights have brights as well. Really great headlights on brights! I'm glad it's set up this way... having only one headlight on a bike makes me nervous.

WLB :>)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
It is Yamahas - and possibly some others - that only run one side on low beam, and the other side on high beam.
Bleeder said:
The Reflex also runs low beam one side only.
I think they look hideous. Lop-sided and unbalanced.

Asymmetry is a very Asian concept of artful and beautiful, and in a garden or a sculpture I like it, but not on a vehicle!

Thank the maker that Suzuki got it right.

·
Registered
209 Posts
allwalk said:
Go back to the mechanic.
Or maybe find a different mechanic. :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've seen that 650 for American market run both sides on both high and low beams.I don't understand because here in Spain and in Europe,I think,right headlight mounts H4 bulb with high and low beam,and left headlight mounts H7 with low beam only.I would like in both sides mount H4 but it's impossible because left side don't fits H4.The hole is smaller.My question is:America's 650 mounts H4 on both sides?If so,the left headlight must be the same as the right.
Any solution?
Best regards
Jaume from Spain

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Last week when BobG and I took a ride, I noticed that he was running with no lights. At our first stop we checked and found both of his high beams were out on his 400. When he flicked to low beam both bulbs came on. Back to high beam and they both went out.
I assumed he must have a electrical/fuse problem because both bulbs were out. I thought that it would be highly unlikely that both bulbs would burn out at the same time.
Bob stopped at his mechanic's shop on his way home and found that one of the bulbs high beam was burnt out. He replaced the faulty bulb and both lights worked again. I was under the impression that if one bulb went it wouldn't affect the other but it looks like I was wrong. :D
Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts