Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any H4 bulb can replace the headlight bulbs in the 2004 Burgman 400? I know someone recommended the PIAA Xtreme White at 4150K. Would the PIAA Plasma bulb at 7500K be too hot. What about other alternative bulb? Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
428 Posts
I havn't had a blown bulb yet, but my understanding from what has been posted on the Yahoo Burg groups is that you most certainly can use H4's as replacements for the stock lamps.

Peace.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have heard that running the brights all of the time could be the cause of this but "what is a person to do?" My motorcycle safety course said to run the brights during the daytime as the dims are hardly noticable in the bright sunlight.

Well, I found the answer in something my father in law gave me. It is a T-shirt that road construction workers wear and it is BRIGHT!!! During an informal test, my wife said she could see the neon bright green shirt more than the headlight.

So I am buying more AND will wear one every time I ride, even over a jacket if needbe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fuses??

Using the H4 as a replacement, do you have to change the fuse to a different AMP rating? :?

·
Registered
34 Posts
H4 bulbs

Uprating the headlamp to 55/60w you would need a 5A fuse minimum I would use a 10A to give some margin and 20A on the twin headlamp. I have been running my twin headlamp 55/60 bulbs for a year 20A fuse no problems and they are much brighter. Use Phillips or Osram +50%
Quote for the PIAA test :-

We saw little evidence in the light tunnel of the pack's claim to raise output from the standard 60/55W to 110/100W. Nor was there much evidence to justify the outrageous price, but PIAA has to pay for its motorsport sponsorship somehow. In the word of
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk

Some of their other bulbs were worse than a standard bulb!

·
Registered
34 Posts
H4 bulbs to fit

I forgot to mention to get the H4 to fit, there are two little lugs on the base of the rim of the H4 that need to be flattened to get them to fit. Compare the two side by side and you can easily see them.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Phil

Good link- but I could not find any articles on bulbs or PIAA.

I do not disbelieve you, just wanted some 'light reading' :read2:

:walk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Headlight bulbs Auto Express

You have to dig around in the site to get to "Specials" "Product Tests".
There are three bulb tests the blues come under standard.
In subsequent tests they have moderated their comments about PIAA, I think they upset the Japanese some what with the original castigation. :idea:

·
Registered
34 Posts
headlight bulbs

Even standard bulbs at 55/60 are brighter than the 35/35W and probably a lot cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts