Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one is out on my 2007 AN650
I can get my hands on the back of the mount, and I have the service manual, but I cant seem to feel the spring and cant get the socket loose

I have a tendency to force and break things, and I reeeely don,t want to break these sockets

Also..is the H4 correct and are there 2 or 3 wires on the bulb and socket?

Looks like some H4 bulbs have 2 spade terminals and some 3?

Thanks in advance..you guys always come thru for me..

Swabbie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found le dude's video

looks like I will have to take the top cover off that is under the handlebars correct?

looks like the bulb has 3 terminals..will the HID bulbs cause problems or should I stick with the stock replacements?

I cant help tinkering..:D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Since you say your stock bulb has 3 connectors, then what you have is a bulb that has two filaments built into the bulb and this bulb can put out the low and high beams. THE HID bulb is a single beam only. Not only that, you cannot just plug the stock connector into the back of an HID bulb. HID bulb needs its own power pack, aka ballast, to turn the HID bulb on. So you will be doing a bunch of custom wiring if you go w/ HID bulb. And when it's all said and done, it won't provide high beam.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
looks like I will have to take the top cover off that is under the handlebars correct?

looks like the bulb has 3 terminals..will the HID bulbs cause problems or should I stick with the stock replacements?

I cant help tinkering..:D
Some have replaced their bulbs without removing the cover under the handlebars. They must have very small hands. When I replaced mine, I removed the cover and the replacement task was easy. I used the Osram Silverstar bulbs that are manufactured in the UK. They are H4 and 50% brighter than stock and give a longer reaching light. These Silverstar bulbs are not the same as the Silverstars that sold in the US market.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyvm

I saw those bulbs on e bay
think that I will order them as I very seldom ride at night right now

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
As Ken said, it is possible to change the bulb just by reaching up from the bottom but you have to do everything by feel. It is much easier to take the top of the dash off so you can see what you are doing.

One thing I will warn you of. It is possible to put the plug on upside down. If you do you will get weird results when you switch from low beams to high beams. Look closely to make sure you are getting the plug on so that all three terminals on the plug line up with a spade on the bulb.

·
Administrator
18,745 Posts
Look for 9003 or H4. The H4 are 60's tech and 9003's are late 80's tech and built to a bit higher standard. I am running 2 Silverstar ULTRA 9003 bulbs as I do ride in the dark at times.

Top cover off is easiest and if you need to adjust them you're right there anyway.

When I took the 155/65 HR 14 tire off and went to this supersized 185/60 HR 14, my low beams are now too low.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yes they can be changed as other said by feel, I've done it before but since you've said you likely to damage by feel pulling the handlebar covers and top box makes it easy to see what your doing. I like the Silverstars but I'd recommend carrying a spare since they tend to burn out more frequently (trade off for better light). HID's can be added as mentioned above but require other parts as stated. HID's come in three kinds, low beam only (fine if you never use high), low beam with a halogen high beam (wouldn't recommend due to different location of light focus), and low beam with a moveable shield for high beam (best setup, LeDude uses and I bought a kit but haven't installed it yet).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts