Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to raise the headlight beam. Low is useless on a brand new 650. Waiting for my workshop manual but would like to get some ideas before then. Gettind dark earlier and I just keep riding even tho it s cold. Help if anyone can. Which body panels come off etc... Thanks

Norb

·
Registered
182 Posts
Headlight adjustment

Norb,
I will do my best to explain. First you take the handbar covers off. There is two fastners that hold them on. Push the fastner buttons very carefully they only go in partway then release(reverse,pull out all the way first then push in). As soon as you have 2piece covers off you then work on the underneath panel. I believe there is 5 phillips screws to take of. Then pry the underneath panel off. this will expose the inside and you will see where the two headlight bulbs are on each side. As soon as you find them there is a phillips adjustment headlight screw on each corner. Turn those and you will see headlights raise or lower. Sorry my details aren't as clear as they should be, but this is how I did it.

Good luck,
Helix

·
Registered
969 Posts
Thanks Helix,
I too, do a lot of night riding, and have found that the low beams seem to fade to black rather quickly. At 40 mph, I already feel like I'm overriding my headlights. I'll give that adjustment a go. 8)
Steve

·
Registered
822 Posts
Glad to hear others have this problem... I thought it was just me! The high beams work great! But when going around curvy roads at night I'm just not comfy with the low beams.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was talking about straight-ahead riding. Curvy roads are another thing entirely! The headlights always point straight ahead of the bike, but when leaning, actually point slightly away from straight ahead, or in the opposite direction of travel, aggravating the problem. I'm not comfortable going quickly through turns at night, even with our better-than-average high beams, and other than adding 'turn' lights (there's an idea worth looking into), I'm not sure there's much we can do about it.
Steve

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wasions said:
...Curvy roads are another thing entirely! The headlights always point straight ahead of the bike, but when leaning, actually point slightly away from straight ahead, or in the opposite direction of travel, aggravating the problem....
I often switch to high-beam while entering turns; seems to help. Even if there is traffic around I'll blip them briefly while banked; it seems that when I'm leaned over, the high-beam doesn't hit the oncoming cars too brightly.

The best answer may be to install auxilliary lights on the front wheel as some members here have; that way the lights sweep the curve as you turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts