Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone adjusted the head lights from factory setting. The dim lights seem to be a little low to me. Has anyone else noticed this?
Also if you you do your own mantinance instead of having the dealer do it will it affect the warranty or do you just need to make sure you document
everything you do?

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Yep... noticed it. Not a problem for me as I always run high beams at night and only switch to low beams with oncoming traffic.

Copied from the your same question in the thread :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3341

billmeek said:
If you do the service work yourself, just keep good documentation on when the service is performed. Keep copies of reciepts for the oil, filters, etc with your service logs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine (a 400) came set very low from new, and it was a real palaver adjusting them. I spent ages trying to thread a "bendy" socket through to the adjustment bolts after removing the ignition cover, but in the end gave up and stripped off all the bodywork to get at them properly.
All in all it took an hour and a half just to adjust them :shock:
To raise them I turned the vertical adjusters two full turns clockwise until I was happy with with the beam.
They are one of my biggest gripes with the Burg. They should be easily and remotely adjustable, as sticking a pillion on now makes them too high again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts