Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home I stopped at an out door market (1 p/u truck selling watermelons)
I picked a nice watermelon and started to pay when I noticed the folks next to me were all smiles and almost laughing,:?
"something wrong with the melons " I asked ? The man spoke right up I own a bike and we were just wondering how you intend to carry that "thing".
I paid and walked over to my bike clicked the key the seat opened put the melon in
(said a small prayer it would close) closed the seat and look over at the group who now had there lower jaws hanging down in disbelief ..
A hearty wave & a Hi- Ho-Silver--and I was laughing all the way home ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I know the feeling. I had a similar experience at El Pollo Locco (Mexican Chicken fast food chain.) I walked out with 3 styrofoam trays in two bags and the people eating outside watched me go over to my bike with puzzled looks on their faces. After I placed the items under the seat, a man hollered over and said something like " I was wondering how you were going to ride that thing with those bags. Thats a pretty cool scooter...etc.."
-Bryan

(What's up with the watermellons and the Burgman? Ive been reading much of that lately.) :?

·
Registered
311 Posts
peachy

We just wrapped up the peach season in our area and on the way home, riding two up, we stopped at the "Calhoun County Peaches" pickup truck at a busy intersection. 'Got two 1/2 peck paper sacks (each the equal to the size of a gallon jug of milk). The guy kinda snickered wondering if we could pull this off, until I popped the seat. Looking into the hole, he asked "where's the motor?" Don't know; haven't found it yet!!!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I've had similar reactions when leaving Wal-Mart with a case of Sams Choice cola and a couple of bags of groceries while carrying my helmet. I always grin when I notice them watching me as I load the trunk. :D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan wrote
popped the seat. Looking into the hole, he asked "where's the motor?" Don't know; haven't found it yet!!!
That has got to be the comeback of the year :!: :!:
I am laughing so much it's hard to hunt & peck to write this out :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hey

I really enjoy these stories, I have often thought it would be good to rig up some sort magicians type prop - you know a piece of 4 by 2 that secretly collapses in on itself when you push it into the trunk -like the old candid camera stunts.

:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am a new owner of a B400 and this weekend I even surprised myself. I stopped at one store and bought 4 baking potatoes. Then I went to a second store and bought two 4Lb chickens and two pies. Fitting that into the trunk wasn't that impressive.

Being able to fit all of that AND my full sized helmet into the trunk, now that's impressive.

·
Registered
239 Posts
bechtoea said:
I am a new owner of a B400 and this weekend I even surprised myself. I stopped at one store and bought 4 baking potatoes. Then I went to a second store and bought two 4Lb chickens and two pies. Fitting that into the trunk wasn't that impressive.

Being able to fit all of that AND my full sized helmet into the trunk, now that's impressive.
Hey guys, everyone over to bechtoea's house for a chicken and pie dinner. :director:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
bechtoea said:

Hey thats a great wee tale.

Now tell me, how many 4lb chickens can you get in a full face helmet. :wink:

As long as you remember to take them out before putting the helmet on - you will avoid doing a Mr Bean! :D

http://www.rowanatkinson.org/mr_bean.htm

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love the look on their faces at the Beer Store when I put a case of 2-4 into the storage compartment of my 650!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
NormanB said:
bechtoea said:

Hey thats a great wee tale.

Now tell me, how many 4lb chickens can you get in a full face helmet. :wink:
It depends on how fast he can run.

·
Registered
209 Posts
At Walmart I bought three 5 quart jugs of oil, a thing of hypoid oil, 2 oil filters (for the cars) and come outside with this stuff in a cart. About 6 crotch rockets had parked next to me, and they were dismounting when I strolled up with the cart. I was fumblin' around for my keys standing next to my bike. One of the guys said, "Is that your bike?" as he was looking in my cart at all the stuff. I said, "Uh-huh" ... "Where ya gonna put all that stuff?" I just looked at him and said, "I don't know, I never really thought about that!" They all started laughing, and by this time I had found my keys and popped the trunk and proclaimed, "Whoa!! Someone stole my engine!!" Pulled out my helmet and proceeded to load up the oil. One of the guys looked in the truck and said, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!" So to add insult to injury, I also took off my jacket, shoved it in there with the oil, took my gloves out of the glovebox and shoved it in there, and took my wallet out of my pocket and tossed it on top of everything and shut the seat! I had a huge smirk as I put my helmet on. Started up the scoot and away I went. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, Kias, it just keeps getting better. And the guys on their road rockets probably had their house keys on a chain around their neck because it wouldn't fit in their front jeans pocket with'em being all folded over like that.
Where's my avatar? Wiley Coyote looks hunched over like that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Last post was on Tues. and it says this train of thought has been viewed 355 times. Hop on board!! There's probably hundreds of roadstories out there, just start typing away!!
BTW from my previous post-- the peaches almost became cobbler by the time we had gotten home. It's definitely not the place to put cold stuff--but hey, it'll sure thaw out those frozen dinners.
Lookin forward to hearing from you. Hop on in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Alan said:
Last post was on Tues. and it says this train of thought has been viewed 355 times. Hop on board!! There's probably hundreds of roadstories out there, just start typing away!!
BTW from my previous post-- the peaches almost became cobbler by the time we had gotten home. It's definitely not the place to put cold stuff--but hey, it'll sure thaw out those frozen dinners.
Lookin forward to hearing from you. Hop on in.
I use a soft insulated cooler with 2 small re-freezable cubes. The bag holds 6-7 frozen dinners or a gallon of milk and an 8 oz bar of cheese. Still have enough room for a couple of bags of groceries.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My Recorrd

I think the most I ever got on a bike was 5 grocery bags. Two
in the trunk, two between the knees and one in the left hand.

I would have never tried it, but I lived 2 blocks away.

Looking back, I can say that you want to avoid entering the
supermarket when you're hungry.

Craig

1 - 20 of 27 Posts