Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

He thought he could...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  NormanB 
#1 ·
Out on a ride on the Red Arrow Highway in Michigan yesterday with my wife on our 650. Stopped at a stoplight where there were 3 lanes: left-only, straight-only, and right-only. I was in the straight-only lane. A couple of ******* boys pull up in a 4x4 in the right-only lane. He revs his engine, and when I turn to look, he indicates he is going to go straight and is in a hurry. Well, the light turned green, and I left him in the dust. At the first available straight away where it was legal to pass, he comes around me, but pauses right beside me with his eyes wide and mouth open. I guess he thought he could take this little scooter with an old man and his wife on it. Nope. :D

#2 ·
Sounds like my experience several years ago...
dude in a brand new diesel dually pickup thought
he could outrun me.
Several miles up the road, he ends up in a left turn lane,
with me waiting for the traffic light, waiting to go straight
ahead. He hollars out the window..what ya got in that thing ??
As the light turns green, my answer was apparently more than you got !!!

#4 ·
I have been having the same experiences, they think an old man on a scooter but, as you know they get a suprize when the light changes.
I ride with a friend that has a new Ultra HD, I know I can take him at least in an 1/8th mile just waiting on someone to prod him into challening me. I love my Burger.

#5 ·
I have a little 400 but I continue to get comments about what a great looking bike it is. When I tell them that it is a scooter they look at me like I have just lied to them.Most of them have never heard of a maxi scooter, and they think scooters are those little things that can't get up a hill. My wife has a little Honda PCX 150, and every one is surprised when I tell them that it gets on the freeway. Got to love 'em. :)

#6 · (Edited)
Since I know your in GA to, be aware they have a stupid law here banning anything smaller than 250cc (actual) from using freeways and the violation is expensive when they stop you :(

We had a fellow in our group who got busted riding with us on a Kymco 200 which was not having any problems keeping up. Just a dumb law but they enforced it to the letter.

BTW... I love those little PCX's and that will be what finally replaces my Chinese 150 if it ever dies lol....

#7 ·
I always get a kick out of these experiences. The most fun one for me was with a guy on a shiny chromed out Harley. He pulled up next to me at a stop light and hardly gave me a nod. We were completely neck and neck for the next three lights. At the fourth light he turned to me and asked: "what the **** IS that thing?"

#10 ·
I have a nice, long-sleeved T-shirt that says on the back, "You've been passed by a scooter!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.