Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :D :D First of all let me tell you all it's fun to ride the Burgman on the Cherokee turnpike. At 88mph speedo reading & not have to worry so much about getting a ticket. It's even better. To meet up with some fellow Burgman riders in Tulsa. Now on with the story. :D

We left Springdale,Ar. on Saturday morining. I had to wait till around 8:30 to leave because. I wanted to stop and chew on my dealer about some parts i had on order. We still too got Tulsa about 11:00 that morining. We stopped at Farr's cycle on Admiral street. Where we had the distinct pleasure of meeting several different people all interested in the Burgmans. We spent the next two hours talking outside to different people about our Burgmans. My wife called me a Burgman salesman. I just can't stop talking about these scoots. It was fun beyond compare. We met & i won't use he's full name because he might not want me to. Dave W.( by the Dave i had forgoten your user name please Pm me back on that one.) Dave is a reader of this site and owns a beautiful silver 650 with a macthing Give topcase and a ( utopia back rest.) :D Forgive my spelling. :( I would love to get togather sometime and do some riding.

8) Maybe it's because of this site. But i feel like i allready know these people. It's great meeting up with people of like interest. 8) 8)

:D We also got to meet Gunrunner69 & his beautiful wife Mona. Theae are some great people to hang with. Fun beyond compare. Riding with him is like trying to catch up with a Texas tornado. Or maybe it's like trying to out run one. Your just not going to get ahead of this dude. :p He's allready got some great mod's done to his scoot. And planing a lot more.
We had a great time. They took us out to a Mexican restaurant. Great food. Both him and his wife own BMW's cars. And he drives his BMW like he rides his scoot. :shock: :shock: :shock: Let's put it this way. I wish i had of brought a extra pair of pants. :p It's good thing(maybe)he owns a radar detector. He needs it. :p :p He tells me his wife is good cook. I belive him. You can bet we'll be going back to Tulsa, sometime soon i hope. :D :D To jeff and his wife i want to say thanks for welcoming us into your home. And we had a great time. ( By the way he passed Moma.)And me!!! However in our defence i would like to say we didn't know where exactly we were going. Next time it may be different. :p :p Come and see us Jeff & Mona.

·
Registered
436 Posts
YA...He passed momma, However, I did not know where we were going. It would be a lot harder for him to pass me again... Knowing where I am going.

Jeff we loved you and Mona, our visit was the best.

Hope you guys make it to Scootercade in August.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pauljo said:
Well... At Scootercade this year I'll probably have my wife on the back. I won't be passing anybody! You guys still planning to lead a ride?
:D Yepper that's a roger! :D Jeff will also have his wife but i don't think that slow him down much. :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
We had a great time with you guys. :D I told you guys I was in a mood to drive fast....lol. (I only broke 100 MPH once) It was a real blast! You guys just look for the Blue Streak at scootercade, that will be me. :twisted:
When the cop stopped me he said "Son, do you know how fast you were going?" I said, "No." He said, "102 miles an hour! I said, " Well officer, I didn't plan on being out that long.......(think about it.) lol

Really it was great, We look forward to next time. And yes everyone, for the record, I PASSED MAMA! (but she had no trouble keeping up) And to everyone who has ever wondered, Margarets seat looks even better in person. Dougs new seat is pretty sweet too. If Doug and Margaret are any indication of how the folks from our happy forum are like, Scootercade is gonna be a real hoot.

Do I get to lead the Jasper Ride? :thumbup:

Good times.
P.S. Is that a throttle??? I thought it was an on/off switch! :twisted:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Pauljo,

I'm looking forward to meeting you this year, I really felt like we missed out last year. Mona says you look like a viking on a scooter...lol. She will be on the back this year, I'll slow down a little or she'll beat me about the head and shoulders...(thank God for helmets..lol)
I read your threads about hanging out with Doug & Margaret and was looking forward to meeting them. We had such a good visit, good food and good conversation. Scootercade should be great. Lock up the women and children the "shiftless horde" is about to descend on that poor sleepy little town.......lol....Ok well Sturgis it ain't, but we're gonna have some fun.
Well anyway on with the raping and pillaging...... see ya soon. :wav:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gunrun69 said:

Do I get to lead the Jasper Ride? :thumbup:

:
:p You've got to kidding!!!! I'm just hoping that blue streak don't blow some of them little Helix's off the road on your way over. :p

:p By the Paul Jo: Do you think we could slip around and put a governor over on that blue streak? Maybe where it would peak out about 35mph. :p

·
Registered
436 Posts
NO WAY JEFF ARE YOU LEADING..... :lol:

Paul Jo, don't worry, we will be taking it very easy on our ride. We will also, have guidelines on how to ride in a large group.

1) I will be the leader, and I need someone else to ride up front with me to help stop traffic if our group is 20 or more. (so we can all stay together) :queen:

2) When the leader spots something in the road, they will point it out with left hand or right foot. When this happens, the next biker is to do the same and so on; so everyone will miss the object. :angel8:

3) Everyone needs to be considerate of the other bikers.

4) we will ride in staggered formation. We will be going slow enough to site see; the beautiful country of Arkansas.

5) We will be stopping on some gravel areas to look over the Arkansas Grand Canyon. 8)

6) If we Do Not take our own LUNCHes, we might have to split up at two different restraunants. (we might be eating a late lunch in DURHAM, AR) at Terra Studios. (Park like setting) There is a rest area outside of Jasper we could eat at. (we will ask all riders what they want to do.) :roll:

7) we will be stopping every 55-75 miles or so for to stretch our legs. Gas up or tinkle.... :oops:

8) EVERYONE MUST FILL UP THE NIGHT BEFORE THE RIDE SO WE CAN GET AN EARLY START... THIS WILL BE AN ALL DAY RIDE...... :wink:

9) It is approximately 235 miles. :shock:

10) Doug is the cabboose: :king:

It would be nice to have some couple that has headsets for talking to each other to be close to me and doug.

WE just want everyone to be safe and have a great time. Since there are so many great people on this burgman site.... :p :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts