Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting about time to order tires for my Burg 400 and was looking for a place online to get them. I have found one place $56 and $84 but don't know anything about this company.

Any recommendations on a site or should I just go to the dealer (I will be checking prices with the locator dealer tomorrow).

Thanks for any of your help.

Ruthie

G

·
0 Posts
something else to check...

It might be a good idea to check the total price of the deal...what your dealer will charge to mount 3d party tires vs what the mounted price of tires bought through him weuld be... ...just a guess, but it might level the field a bit ...

Paul

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Ruthie, I found Pirelli tires for the Burgman400 here http://store.azmusa.com/tire.html . However I ordered them about 10 days ago and they have not been shipped yet. I've got lots of miles to go on my current tires but the price seemed too good to pass up. If you stock up on bandaids....maybe your good Goldwing riding husband will mount them for you! Neal

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have ordered many items including tires from Arizona Motorsports, at the URL listed above in another post, and always been happy. Also, I've never seen their listed prices on _anything_ ever beaten by more than a few pennies. Currently, however, Bridgestone tires for the 400 are backordered there something fierce, due to supplier issues. I ordered a rear tire in mid-August, and they promptly infomed me that the estimated shipping date was September 30. It's a good thing I ordered plenty early.

I plan eventually to keep a full set of spare tires in stock.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I am also still waiting on my perelli front tire from az motorsports but they have to have it shipped to them from their distributor and then ship it to you. Same deal with my rear (already mounted) so you should get it soon.
The good news is even the dealer i went to was happy with their packaging (cardboard holds tire in shape) so you should be happy.

ADDED: Just got off the phone with Terri (az motorsports) and she shows they've gotten in the rear perelli tires they ordered but not the 2 front perelli tires (mine and someone else's). She is going to try to find out the info and email me. Did you order a front Eltee?

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Stu, thanks for the info and yes, my order included a front tire along with a rear. I estimate my present tires will go another 3500 to 4000 miles before the needed mounting. I'm hoping Ruthie's husband gets some good experience with her B400 tire remounting, and we could ply him with plenty bandaids decorated with little GL1800's and chocolate milkshakes made with real ice cream and just possibley he would............... :lol: .......Say Stu, are chocolate milk shakes made with real ice cream available in East Texas? Neal

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey Ruthie...

Before you order tires, you may want to make sure you have someone that will mount them. The dealer I bought the 650 from has made it perfectly clear that they don't want the business of mounting tires that were purchased from the internet.

They consider themselves to be reasonably priced, and no longer mount tires brought in off the street.

For those in the Birmingham area, I'm speaking of Icon Powersports in Trussville.

Joe

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to disappoint Neal about my husband learning to mount the 400 tires. Talked to the dealer today and for $160 will have 2 new tires mounted. So tomorrow I will let the dealer order the tires.

The back tire is down to the tread wear indicator but the front still has lots of tread. What I'm going to do is keep both of the old tires so just in case I get a flat. Can't have the bike parked too long, too many roads to travel.

I probably would ride longer on the tires I have on now but next week we will be going to North Carolyn for Wings Over the Smokies rally and did not feel comfortable with the tires if we had rain.

Neal, sure would love one of those milkshakes, so can you send me one?

Ruthie

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Ruthie, maybe I will see you at the rally. A friend and I am planning on going Saturday, unless the weather changes my planned day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tires

Ruthie,

I ordered a set of Perellis from RonAyersMotorsports.com Got them in 3 or 4 days.

Part Number
GTS24-02 130/70-13 39.56
GTS23-02 110/90-13 35.23
Shipping 7.00
Total 81.79

1 - 12 of 12 Posts