Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Looks like a electric main stand to me never seen one before but I seem to
remember some Peugeot I think scooters having one. Or maybe used to steady
the scooter at a stop, if the rider had leg problems?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
It's an actuator, I,v been looking for something like that this means that when the Rider Comes to a Red Light or a Stop ,He or She Does not have to Put there Legs Down The Stand will Lower Automatically,Keeping The Bike Upright,the Wheels drops making contact with the Ground to roll a little, instead of Scraping. There for you can keep your Legs inside, It's whats needed these days i'v seen Guys Loose it on there bikes becuze of UN Steady Ground such as Rocks Wet Roads & Streets or Bad Uneven ground , I had a few moments where i put my Foot Down an Foot Slipped and almost dropped the bike, In some cases People dropped them.

Elliott,

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jeez and to think... That's why I had an MP3...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I saw a chick drop her MP3 just like any other scoot... :roll:
It just kinda slowly leaned right on over and BLAM! :oops:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Scootereno said:
I saw a chick drop her MP3 just like any other scoot... :roll:
It just kinda slowly leaned right on over and BLAM! :oops:
Yea.. they will fall over for sure if you don't know how to work the front end lock.. or you forget to lock it and think that it is locked.. When I got my Burgman, I had to remember to put out my foot when I stopped, and to stop my right thumb from looking for the tilt lock... amazing how easily habits are created..

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
it's a dog kicker, it waits for a dog to come up for a quick pee and gives it a whack

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I think that for that investment, I'd rather have another used 400!

I'm sure it fills a need, but for the investment required, I'm not sure the market is therefor them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is really a cool thing! It is definitely expensive, but it fills a void that older and smaller individual have, especially vets. In my case, I hope to be riding for another 10 years or so. My wife loves my bike but is relegated to a Honda PCX 150 because of her small size. She can ride my 400 with no problem, but once she comes to a stop she sometimes has a balancing problem due to her short legs. This item would solve that problem. If we ever move her up to a 400 this would have to be added, and she says she would love to have it on her bike. Even now she has a pair of boots with 3 inch soles to help her reach the ground, even on her little PC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts