Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I live in southern Georgia USA and everythings open except in-house eating in some restaurants. Masks are recommended but not mandatory and people wouldn't wear them even if they were mandatory. Almost all home made masks are worthless to protect from the virus and really serve no purpose except to make you feel good. One chain of stores tried to make it mandatory and a customer said he would sue them if they made him wear one so now they are only optional. One city in my area tried to make them mandatory except there were so many exemptions for certain protected groups that the city manager dropped the mandatory part.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for your feedback
Thr nunbers are going straight up. Even more than when it peaked in the beginning but deaths are down. Doesnt make sense. Not sure how they can go up in infected but less deaths

I think the us is the only large population country where people are against wearing masks. Trump wont wear a mask so hes clearly not leading by example. Better to look cool than a dork with a mask on he thinks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well the democratic leadership has done the same as the President. They basically only wear masks when the cameras are around. So it's not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
14,208 Posts
Gov Abbott is closing things back down in Texas. Has ordered Bars closed on Friday. Restaurants had been allowed to open up to 75% of capacity but starting tomorrow they have to go back to 50%. Many say it won't matter because they did not have enough space to accommodate 75% and maintain social distancing so they were still at 50%. Many large group activities that were to open back up have been told they will have to stay shut down and some that had been allowed to open like tubing rentals have been shut back down. .

When I go to the store and such I see more people wearing mask than not. But there are still a lot of people refusing to wear them.

As far as if the home made mask are effective. CDC says they are not very effective at protecting you but are effective at protecting others from you. But then standard surgical mask are not very effective at protecting you either, they also work best at protecting others from you. Cloth mask and surgical mask just catch fine droplets that you expel. If you are carrying the virus that keeps the droplets containing it from spreading to others.

To protect yourself you have to wear professional grade respirators such as the N95 respirators. These help keep you from inhaling virus that others have expelled. That is if they are worn properly sealed to your face.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I see the news everyday, multiple times.
I think masks or some face covering worn by everyone will help reduce the amount on a collective term. its not a purifying no particles in the air system, but our breaths let out a lot of "fumes" that fly through the air. if we can minimize even half that, thats something. I dont understand all this "analysis" that everyone is doing. do masks work, yes no, maybe.

as of now the us is in an argument with itself whether masks are good or not, but it hasnt tried an "everyone must wear a mask its mandatory everywhere" tactic to know. because masks are dorky or assumptions they do or dont work. right now, the current situation is very bad. and it seems that it will be ongoing for a long long time. we all are seeing the 2nd wave yes? its getting higher than the first. imo the US will be in a bad loop for the longest of any country.

us folks love their "freedom"(though you dont really have it in the first place) and will literally kill itself because of it. very sad

btw, who still believes that china only had 84000 infected and 5000 dead?

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
Snopes was not able to prove or disprove this as fact.

The research medical lab tech DOES NOT have Covid19. This is just normal bacteria in your lungs and throat that spread when you cough. Ii is only showing that if you are Covid19 infected, the virus will be spread just the same.

See her quoted words after the picture below

petri-dish-photos.jpg

Katie Corley said:
Visual experiment for you conspiracy theorists:
I coughed on two petri dishes, one while wearing a mask and one not. Shocking! The one on the left with no growth is the one I used a mask for! The one on the right where I didn’t wear a mask is full of bacteria. So yeah, maybe cloth masks don’t give you much protection, but they protect the people around you. Maybe wear one if you insist it’s your constitutional right to eat at Chili’s.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Administrator
18,208 Posts
You should see the petre dish of when she sneezed on them, once with a mask and once without. The without shows 3 times as much growth as the cough one above. But sneeze with a mask does show some growth but only a few little spots.
petri-dish-photos 2.jpg

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
GREAT POST.
I think its basic that everyone should wear some face covering at the minimum. its not to purify and filter every air particle but certainly shows it significantly less expelling of bacteria to the surroundings.
why the anti mask there is really baffling. people here know we need to wear masks and its to our benefits. its not expensive and we know that it does restrict expelling outward to others.
the new peak in the us is horrifying to see. im curious what age group would be more responsible for the increased cases because im taking a guess that its more under 35 that are outside more so and doing as they please..am I incorrect?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts