Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They opened here many things. Curious if govt officials would close again if numbers rise. The us seems like a scary place to be though many other countries are in the race. Sweden has to be the dumbest of them all. In the us with so many against masks. How do you deal with that stress with the people near you may be endangering your lives. And I say eff it
.. You know what? Dont care about rhe public youre mingling with, bit think about the fact you may catch it and infect your family and friends at home

I saw clips of shopping centers/super market all lined up next to each other no masks.

I see the news and I feel like things are not slowing down
Personally Id rather die from a bullet then suffer through c19
No work, relying on someone to keep me alive. Maybe ill have minor symptoms. Who the hell knows how each persons body will handle it. With asthma and damage to my left collapsed lung I had from and accident last summer I dont think id fare well at all

It sounds gloom and doom but how are others handling it.
Is it a "dam this is not good" or a "eh who cares what can you do" mindset for you?

All we see are numbers. Nobody is really seeing the affect of the mass of it unless you work in the hospital. We see video clips we see charts. We hear bad stupid information and theres no concrete evidence ON ANYTHING. This works that works. Vaccine yes maybe no. The heat kills it. No it doesn't. Cut the cr~p. A bunch of regurgitated bad info being spewed out and EVERYONE copy paste echo the same cr~p they read from websites. And no truth to any of it as the data keeps changing. So nothing, even till now has been proven significant benefit. One says this mask is good. The other says masks are a waste. Then after the shortage for doctors slowed down, the message came "ah yea, wear masks because it MAY help and doctors now have a good supply so you can wear them now" I never such 180° nonsense being released

I feel the stress escalating in me. Im already on 3 different pills for crazy stress and bad panic attacks.

·
Administrator
18,161 Posts
Basicly in some areas they are opening up like if this has not happened.

I expect in 14 to 20 days from today that there will be a HUGE spike on Covid19 for all the Political Rally gatherers in Tulsa OK. :confused:
Problem is, they will be disbursed all around the USA so tracking them may be hard. :oops:

SS, its best to understand that you should stress on only things you can control.
  • Only you can control the level of STUPID that you do.
  • You CAN NOT control the STUPID that others do and all you can do is let it run its course and STAY OUT OF THE WAY.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" I expect in 14 to 20 days from today that there will be a HUGE spike on Covid19 for all the Political Rally"

WWo so scary

On Monday im going to see 2 scooters. I need to get something. That way i can reduce my stress levels of riding public transportation. People are riding with no masks. Drivers too. "covid will never get me" mindset

I should be feeling at ease more as the initial panic should have worn off. But I feel my level is increasing as the numbers are jumping to crazy numbers. We only see it as numbers and we dont see the mass of sick and dead people. Ive seen those videos of the personnel on that ny island burying coffins in masses. Made me white with fear. The scariest was when they showed in Italy army trucks vacating the bodies in trucks a few months back

I thought it would have an effect on people to want to stop the virus but its like talking to the wall.
Thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live on Long Island in New York and we are just about at the end of phase 2. Supposed to go into phase 3 on Wednesday. The governor is threatening to close the Hamptons (east end of Long Island) and Manhattan again because there violations happening mainly in those two areas of New York. I still don't go to the store unless I absolutely have to, I order my groceries through instantcart. There are a lot of people here that don't care and don't wear masks in the stores. I'm not risking myself or my family because they refuse to believe that the corona virus is real.

·
Premium Member
14,201 Posts
I expect in 14 to 20 days from today that there will be a HUGE spike on Covid19 for all the Political Rally gatherers in Tulsa OK. :confused:
Problem is, they will be disbursed all around the USA so tracking them may be hard. :oops:
Not to mentioned trying to track the cases from all the protestors who have been gathering in mass for the last couple of weeks. I support their right to protest, but it is likely to add to the spike in cases.

Question is can we separate out whether a spike is caused by something like the rally or the protest or something else. There are so many variables it becomes a difficult task.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, people feel invincible or they dont believe it or think that they cant be infected but they don't think by the time theyll realize theyre infected, they probably infected someone in their family or friends. So if you dont care about you or the public, that's fine, what about taking the infection home?

From what ive seen, and this is just seeing videos and reading from websites , so who knows how legit it is. Every mass infecting virus had a 2nd wave and some more. And most were deadlier on the 2nd wave.
Im working as a security guard (I have to get back to shooting weddings and thats in progress) in this building. We have a porsche and mercedes dealerships on ground floor. Porsche had an event for the new taycan. I dont think the amount they wanted to come, came. Legitimate reasons why. They had food and people sitting close to one another and that was outside the main door. I did not go outside. Only 30ft from the entrance. But all these idiots mingling and not a worry in the world.

Maybe its a good thing. Kind of self eliminating the idiots from the world... No?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Here in Austin, TX the roads are getting more busy and the gas prices are going up. People have figured out how to color coordinate their masks with their outfits .

The question on where this virus originated and how it circled the globe so fast still should be the top question !

Second question should be where did all the money go ?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
People have figured out how to color coordinate their masks with their outfits

Thats hilarious. I was riding my ebike on the highway which seemed like an apocalyptic world with very few cars. Today its massive traffic jams

Im curious how the hell in this world graph, infections are on the up and deaths are on the down? Not that im asking why arent people dying but I figured the more infected deaths increase in a delay because those who are infected may go downhill after a while of being infected.

Did they start injecting people with disinfectants or just more awareness around the world on how to treat it?

Also there is an intl criminal police database you all know thats interpol. Is there a worldwide database for doctors who can post findings that others around the world can access?

Also im watching sweden who thought theyd be smart and leave everything as is and I see the nunber of infected are not slowing and my thinking is they will come to a point where they will need to do a lockdown, at least for a month to slow things down. They dont show how many have recovered. They are only 10.3 million population. Deaths are very high at 162000 if adjusted to us population. Very bad decision making

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
I think the reason for the increased confirmed cases is they have established the supply line for tests and the death count decrease is in better treatments and more truth in the cause of death reporting.

As to where all the money went .... poof it’s gone !

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

SS, its best to understand that you should stress on only things you can control.
  • You CAN NOT control the STUPID that others do and all you can do is let it run its course and STAY OUT OF THE WAY.
Could have been worse. People could have actually showed up for the rally.

(Of the ONE MILLION tickets reserved, it looked as though they might have gotten 12-14,000 attendees in the 19,000 seat stadium. The outside overflow area was dismantled as the rally began, since there wasn't anyone there.)

Still unwise, still going to be a contagion event -- just not quite on the scale that was expected. But there are other events on the schedule (AZ is next, if memory serves).

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Not to mentioned trying to track the cases from all the protestors who have been gathering in mass for the last couple of weeks. I support their right to protest, but it is likely to add to the spike in cases.

Question is can we separate out whether a spike is caused by something like the rally or the protest or something else. There are so many variables it becomes a difficult task.
The protests have tended not to create massive spread (USA Today). Or at least, not that's showing up. Participants tend to wear masks and, to the extent possible, practice social distancing.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

Im curious how the hell in this world graph, infections are on the up and deaths are on the down? Not that im asking why arent people dying but I figured the more infected deaths increase in a delay because those who are infected may go downhill after a while of being infected.
Testing rates are starting to catch up with infection rates, and discovering asymptomatic cases that would have been overlooked before because they didn't go in to get tested. Hospital capacities (unlike in, say Italy last month) weren't at crisis levels. And yes, deaths lag infections by 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke to this Russian foreign worker who cleans and does maintenance of the medical clinic in a building near me. He says in russia theyre at 10000 infected a day. His friend who works in the hospital in russia says the hospital is empty though

Another angle of thought... Maybe the virus is less efficient in the severity in affecting people? Maybe its some "propaganda" as a scare tactic? More infected more drama on news (no lack as of now anyways) to scare people to distance and wear masks? Maybe some medicine thats be revealed to help reduce the severity of the virus? Drs have had time to learn the virus a few months now

How the hell theres a rise in infected around the world but less deaths and hospital admissions?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Due to the increased confirmed cases in Central Texas, masks are mandatory now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They shouod have imposed that a loooooong time ago.

Masks can only do so much but it definitely can make a difference of breath and moisture particles being spread everywhere

By the graph you guys are hitting your 2nd wave though I believe this isnt the wave they're talking about when they spoke of the fall/flu season. But who knows. Things are way out of control.

Curious... I haven't heard much from china in the news. Who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Hopefully tedros and ryan to hell

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Spoke to this Russian foreign worker who cleans and does maintenance of the medical clinic in a building near me. He says in russia theyre at 10000 infected a day. His friend who works in the hospital in russia says the hospital is empty though

Another angle of thought... Maybe the virus is less efficient in the severity in affecting people? Maybe its some "propaganda" as a scare tactic? More infected more drama on news (no lack as of now anyways) to scare people to distance and wear masks? Maybe some medicine thats be revealed to help reduce the severity of the virus? Drs have had time to learn the virus a few months now

How the hell theres a rise in infected around the world but less deaths and hospital admissions?
Russia also has an epidemic of skeptical health care experts accidentally falling out of windows. That may be part of it, at least there.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I’d have to wonder about those in charge and what their motive is ?

Accommodating racism. But the alternative of having the victims call the police, might be worse.

Wikipedia said:
The racial makeup of the county was 90.59% White, 0.30% Black or African American, 3.14% Native American, 0.93% Asian, 0.16% Pacific Islander, 1.66% from other races, and 3.23% from two or more races. 4.76% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Rusty J , I think a memo to local law enforcement to relax dispatches on non-whites with masks would serve that race better than not advising them or encouraging them not to wear masks.

According to the CDC that particular race is more at risk of contracting the virus than whites.....

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts