Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare engine in my basement, complete with swingarm and rear rim.
It takes a lot of room and i could gain some by removing the swingarm.
Is something that someone have done? some tips/guide/warning?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yes it is pretty simple just undo the pivots. Undo lock nuts undo pivots and remove. 10mm Hex and 32mm socket. There is a top bolt as well can't remember what size and the swing arm is in two halves, although some folks may be picky and point out the other side is the gearcase:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
As maccecht said, it is pretty simple. You said it is complete with the rear rim. You will have to remove that before you can get the two halves to come apart. Then remove the pivot lock nut and pivot and finally the two bolts that lock the two haves together. Once you have that done you just pull the two sides apart. I found it was easier to pull the swing arm side off first than the gear case side but it should work either way.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
The old memory not being what it use to be I have been sitting here thinking about when I removed the swing arm a few years ago. Got to thinking you don't have to remove the pivot lock nut and pivot. Those just bolt to the swing arm and not to the engine case. Went out to the shop and retrieved my shop manual. Sure enough you don't need to remove those. Just remove the bolts that hold the two halves together and pull the swing arm half off. And there are three bolts not two. One at the top and two at the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts