Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our way out of town for a ride this morning, my hubby and I stopped off at the local gas station so he could fill up.

He had to run inside to pick up a couple items and was shocked and bewildered at the questions posed by the cashier inside. After all, my hubby rides a beautiful 2000 V-Star with lotsa chrome and leather. And he took time last night to polish all of that chrome so it would shine so perdy in the morning light...

Why was he upset? 'Cause the cashier asked the following questions...
"Is that a scooter?" Uhm, yes, my wife does have a scooter... :?
"What kind of scooter is it?" Uhm, its a Suzuki... :(
"It looks fast" Uhm, yes, it can go pretty fast... :cry:
"Cool, have a nice day, mister" :oops:

Not a word about the perdy V-Star, only MY Burgy :p Let me tell ya, I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day!!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Tell'me to get used to it Kelly. The Burgmans draw lots of attention. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
I love stories like that! Not to put anyone or anything down, but the cruiser scene has become so common place that what the coolest of the cool 2 to 5 years ago is boring today. Most people don't even turn and look when a bunch of open pipe v-twins rumble by these days. Now, along come the likes of the Burgmans which are so completely different and off the wall that they are causing a real stir amongst the public (at a very reasonable price point too I might add). I've got to get one before this wave breaks!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great story! Just don't rub it in too much. You don't want the hubby starting to feel insecure about his polished ride :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts