1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Reminds me a little of the Suzuki Strider Prototype

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

It's actually a decent use of the NC7xx motor and I do like the flip up backrest.

Depends on the price and if Honda can make the DCT livable.

A far sight better than the NV-01.

I'm not a cruiser person but it might appeal to many.

Honda still doesn't get dual brakes on the handlebars on automatics....blinkered thinking.
Storage upfront kind of odd.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think I might be getting old. May be coming down with the "GET OFF MY GRASS!" syndrome. I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would want one of those. And I thought my Burgman 650 was edgy. Oh well.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Both butt ugly !

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
High praise to Honda for investing in and taking the risk in bringing a new model like the NM4 to the market. While I think it's designed for the generation that grew up with Iron Man and Transformer movies and video games, I think it is a beautifully proportioned, well-designed bike. As a cruiser, it's a one-trick pony, so I don't see one ever appearing in my garage. But I am looking forward to the ride reviews. If the performance is there, and the price is right, I think Honda could have a winner.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Honda still doesn't get dual brakes on the handlebars on automatics....blinkered thinking.
Thank your government for that. If it is not a scooter, as in step through it's a motorcycle and a motorcycle must have a rear foot brake. You can change it over to a hand brake with an aftermarket kit. I have seen a local dealer change over two bikes to rear hand brakes, leaving the foot brake on also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank your government for that. If it is not a scooter, as in step through it's a motorcycle and a motorcycle must have a rear foot brake. You can change it over to a hand brake with an aftermarket kit. I have seen a local dealer change over two bikes to rear hand brakes, leaving the foot brake on also.

This might be why we're not getting the Integra. Other than the fact it would probably sit on the showroom floor for a couple of years like the 2012 Burgman I saw a couple of weeks ago. A thought just occurred to me, IIRC, the Honda Silver Wing scooter could not be imported to the US until the law was changed to allow a rear brake on the left handle bar. And another thought, I remember clearly complaining to the other riders, all of whom were riding V-twin baggers, in a group ride at Americade in 2007 that I wished the Honda Silver Wing I was riding had a gas pedal to give my aching right wrist a rest. Said complaint was met with universal expressions of disgust.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Honda has been trying for nearly 40 years to make a "civilized" motorcycle--all have been showroom duds in the US. In '78 they had the CB400A and CB750A that were automatics. In '89 they tried the Pacific Coast that was a Tupperware covered 800 cc twin. There have been a few others as well.

The problem is that the US market just wasn't (maybe still isn't) ready for that sort of thing. That's why maxi-scooter sales languish as well, the local Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer has just 3 or 4 big scooters in stock; surrounded by 100+ crotch rockets and cruisers...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm old and would look kinda silly riding it but I love the lines of this bike.
Then again I liked the look of Honda's DN-01 (huge fail) when I first saw it.
I remember when cars like the AMC Pacer or the Gremlin came out they were hailed as radical new design but within two weeks they just seemed goofy. This might run that risk too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like to see styling risks. I thought their new VFR1200 looked awful in photos but looked much better in person. I hope this shows up at the Cycle World annual show so I can take a look at it in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like the look of it! It's a mean looking bike! I'm going to have to check 1 out when I get the chance. For me though , I don't think I can give up the storage of my scooter. I love the storage my Burgman has. I just can't give that up.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts