Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPH10 units?

NOT the SMH10, the SPH10 units?

I am attempting to find out if the boom mic that goes into the SMH10 units is a 2.5mm jack or if it is some other type?

I just purchased the SPH10 headset and the mic on it is waaaaaaaayyyy too short. To compensate for it's ability to hear it seems that the gain is cranked way, way up and what that means is that I get this horrible hiss in the background.

Considering this fact if you have used the SPH10 units where have you found a longer mic that can wrap around the face and get closer to my mouth because I am attempting to record directly to a GoPro with the Sena Bluetooth BakPack.

Ross

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after further review...

I sent this back. The hiss never went away as the gain was just way too high. In the end if I would have had a chance to make another boom mic that was longer I might have kept this.

Ross

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same issue with hiss from wind. First had to makes sure the fin on the mic faced outward. Then on this forum someone recommended cutting the top off of a plastic fingered glove. The ones they use in hospitals. Then wrap the piece over the mic and use a small tie wrap to cinch it down. This definitely helped to lower the wind and hiss. What is cool about the SMH 10 is you can bluetooth them into your mobile phone and play your music or radio direct to your helmet and riders helmet :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
The last helmet I went with, works great for phone calls and audio. I bought a BILT from Cycle Gear. People think I sound better with it than my **** car! Seriously asking the dealership WTH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts