Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so...what, exactly, did you use and how did it work?

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sean has made some out of steel. Don't think I have any left tho. They were much stronger than the pvc. You could order it yourself and cut it to size.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried...3/8" wouldn't fit the slots in the seat, 1/4" wouldn't fit the pins in the backrest. At this point, I'm seriously considering selling my Burg, because I simply can't ride it. I give up.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think I'd try a different brand of backrest before getting rid of my scooter. That is unless I was just looking for an excuse to get a new scooter. Even the most expensive backrest is a lot cheaper than replacing a scooter.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You misunderstand: I wouldn't replace it. Half an hour has me in absolute agony and wishing for something on the level of a fistful of Vicodin.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
Hate to point out the obvious but some times a bike can not be made to fit the rider or the rider to fit the bike. It happens. Hope you can figure it out.

I have arthritis starting to limit my back movement. My last MRI showed a shocking amount of back damage from a fast paced early life style. Jumping out of perfectly good air-o-planes when I was in my late teens - early 20's, repelling, climbing poles and trees and all three motor vehicle accidents add up.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It fits me just fine...I just cannot ride more than a few minutes without back support.

At this point, riding is literally the only thing keeping me more or less sane.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean has made some out of steel. Don't think I have any left tho. They were much stronger than the pvc. You could order it yourself and cut it to size.
Do you know what, EXACTLY, he used?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Jarlaxle, if you know anyone with a Utopia backrest it would be great if you could try their scooter for a half an hour test ride. It's a $199 backrest and that's allot of money if it didn't help but next to nothing if it allowed you to ride your scooter. I've never heard anyone who bought one complain about the Utopia backrest.(aside from the price) I had one on my Burgman 400 and I transferred it to my Morphous when I sold the Burgman.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know anyone else with a SCOOTER.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an aftermarket Back rest ,and have decided not to use it any more ,Last year i was sitting with my feet on the ground waiting for a train when a Car ran into the back of me , luckily I wasn't knocked off the Bike .But My back was soar and bruised which i feel was caused from the higher Back rest. I think if it would have been the original rest which is lower i wouldn't have experienced any of the above . But Then ya never Know ,I just Thank God I wasn't injured any worse.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are not paying attention: without a backrest, I will never ride again. It truly is that simple!

·
Registered
857 Posts
My Bearcat has made all the difference in the world. NO MORE BACKACHES since I've gotten it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, I loved mine...right up until the supports snapped on the highway!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Woah, that's gotta have been scary. Won't Bearcat replace it under warranty? Sure sounds like materials failure to me.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He isn't making them anymore.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What are the supports made from? The website isn't clear and has no contact information.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
These and all the modified "head rest" back rests are steel rods that are bent with some sort of thicker tube over them to fit the Burgmans holes. Bearcat used plastic tubes. I am sure there are some copper water pipes that would fit. Some of the other members made thier own with copper tubes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts