Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to take the Burg out for some longer rides, but after a while the old wrist fatigue sets in from arthritis from a prior car/cycle encounter which ended me up in a cast. I have looked on line and found a bar end aftermarket throttle lock called the Throttlemeister at http://www.throttlemeister.com that looks pretty neat with no need to shave off some of the rubber on the throttle. Has anyone tried this and if so, what is your feedback -- worth the money?

Steve

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Steve,

Look at my write-up on the O-Ring throttle lock solution. I've had a Throttlemeister on a prior bike, and I find the O-ring easier to use. A lot less expensive too, but I don't generally "cheap out" on bike accessories. I use it because I like how it works. I also use one on my V-Strom.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 5&start=15

·
Registered
220 Posts
I in fact have Throttlemeister on my AN650. Not only do they look swell but I get many comments from viewers. They also work just fine. I guess I should say "it" because the left one is just, well, there, to balance things out.

You can adjust the tension so that you can completely relax your hand, yet easily twist the grip to accelerate or decelerate when the occasion warrants.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ted,

I had a Throttlemeister on my late Kawasaki Concours. It is a classy machined piece of metal for sure - both bar ends look slick. Works about as good as my current yellow O-Ring. Takes a little longer to install though.... O-Ring installs in about 2 seconds.

Anyway, whatever folks use, it is sure nice to be able to rest that throttle hand from time to time on a long ride!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would have done the 'O' ring thing too, but the bike came with the Throttlemeister.

Besides, I'm into the image thing, what kind of ooh's and ah's am I gonna get with an 'O' ring?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
pauljo said:
Hey! It is a bright YELLOW O-ring!

But yeah, I'm more likely to get "What the Hell is that for?". But I love it - works great.
I have several black ones that I found at work and I keep them in the glovebox. I only put them on If I am knowingly going to be on an extended highway run with no stops.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have wanted to take the Burg out for some longer rides, but after a while the old wrist fatigue sets in from arthritis from a prior car/cycle encounter which ended me up in a cast. ...
After a 297 mile (each way) trip to eastern Washington my right hand was killing me.

The next weekend I went on a group ride with a bunch of the motorcycle owners from work, and they all had Throttle Rockers on their bikes.

I went to my dealer and looked at them. They were only 9 bucks so I figured, what the heck, give it a try. They attach with Velcro, so if it didn't work I could just toss it.

Well, it does work. It may not be as effective as a cruise control nor as classy looking, but it sure saved my hand. I can relax my grip and wiggle my fingers from time to time, and the light pressure of the heel of my hand on the Throttle Rocker's paddle keeps my speed constant. I can adjust it to different angles (when parked, not on-the-fly) so my wrist is in a neutral position at either city or highway speeds. And I can remove it when I park so no one walks off with it.

Prior to my Border-to-Border run this fall I may install a Throttlemeister or a Vista-Cruise or something (the Vista-Cruise is only $30 or so at my dealer), but until then the Throttle Rocker is a Godsend.

Oh, and if you want a "balanced" look and feel they make a left-handed model to go on the left grip as well, but the dealer I went to didn't carry them due to lack of demand. He said to order one direct by mail if I was interested (I'm not, probably).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts