Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I want to know in particular is what did the air fuel ratio read out look like? Is this bike like everything else made today runing lean. The reason I ask is I know a cheep and easy way to richen up the fuel about
4%. Also does anyone have an old muffler damaged or other wise I would like to get a look inside to see how it is constructed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wonder if a power commander could be used to remap?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I personally see no reason to tinker with a perfectly good fuel injection system. The Burgman's is about as good as it gets. My opinion only, of course.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Burger Bob said:
I personally see no reason to tinker with a perfectly good fuel injection system. The Burgman's is about as good as it gets. My opinion only, of course.
I totally agree - the FI on the AN650 seems to be right on the mark. There are absolutely no rideability issues. I wouldn't touch it. If you do eventually find that it gets funky, have a throttle body sync done before going to any more drastic measures. So far, we haven't had anybody need to do that though - and we have AN650s crossing the 10,000 mile mileage mark within this group.

The FI on my Suzuki V-Strom exhibits some lean surge at low rpms in first & second gear. Some guys have had good results from having it richened slightly in the 0 - 3000 rpm range, but I wouldn't want to richen it across the board. That can apparently be done with a Power Commander, Yosh box, or similar device. But it can be expensive to do that, and it hasn't really been irritating enough for me to address it. I am going to have a throttle body sync done at the 7,500 mile service. With the V-Stroms that has often been enough to cure what ails them.

The "throttle body sync" procedure basically insures that both cylinders are being equally fed by the FI. There is also a TPS procedure (throttle position sensor adjustment). These two procedures equate to a FI tuneup, and don't alter the mapping of the FI computer at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts