Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of riding up from Austin and wondering how many people show up, etc...let me know your thoughts please.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have done it once (2013) , and would consider doing it again. it is well run friendly, and plenty of riding. Groups are broken up by skill level. They also have a different type of rides. Scenery and roads are good. There was a ferry ride that was a first for me.

Maybe 50 riders. The only thing I didn't like was the ride through Eurika Springs, seemed to much like a HOG affair, but this is subjective on my part. The town and people are receptive and friendly. I stayed at a B&B.

Riders came from all over, Chicago, TN, Indy.

They have a good web site with more info.

Tim

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've ridden Arkansas several times on my dual sport bikes, but never on the Burgman. Personally I would do it, there are so many paved roads through the state that will take you on twisty roads and through wonderful country sides, it's one of the rides you will not forget. We always stay in Clarksville and ride out of there, a central location for great riding.

John

·
Registered
125 Posts
You would have great roads from about Hot Springs up to Eureka Springs and you can return via a more eastern route for additional good roads for cycling.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thinking of riding up from Austin and wondering how many people show up, etc...let me know your thoughts please.
I've been wanting to go for several years but haven't been able for work reasons. I'm hoping I can swing it this year. It's a shame that a state as big as Texas doesn't have a scooter rally.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love northern Arkansas and think it would be a great vacation. Riding the scoot would only make it that much better. Don't know if I would ride up or trailer the scoot and drive which I think would be faster and safer till I got there. What are all of your thoughts?

·
Registered
408 Posts
It all depends on how much time you have and how much riding you want to do. Looking at Google maps, it's about 420 miles from Fort Worth, so you can add 180 on top of that. For me, 600 miles is a long days of riding.

BUT, depending on your route, you can kick over to hwy 271 and go up through SE Oklahoma....pretty country. It might add an hour to the trip but worth it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I rode from Carthage to NW Arkansas yesterday, about a 160 mile round trip. It is my favorite area.

Sam:D

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I rode from Carthage to NW Arkansas yesterday, about a 160 mile round trip. It is my favorite area. Sam:D
Yeh...for you, run down through Monett on 37
until you hit 62, & go east.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah Duster, I take that way once in a while but normally, I fill the scoot up, point it south, rarely looking at where I am, and just end up where I end up. I call it my "Get lost ride," and I've been doing it, originally in Southern, CA and now in SW MO, since about 1970.

HWY 7, out of Russelville, Ark, north of I40, is the start of the "Arkansas Alps" and is some very fine riding and my favorite for the area.

Sam:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have family in Joplin... Can anyone offer details? Might be interested!

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
HWY 7, out of Russelville, Ark, north of I40, is the start of the "Arkansas Alps" and is some very fine riding and my favorite for the area. Sam:D
If yer gonna run up & down 7, then ya gotta stop
in Jasper at the Ozark Cafe....been there with the
scooter rally folks several times.
I've got pictures of scooters lining both side of the street
around 2 sides of the county court house that is directly
across the street from the Ozark Cafe.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have family in Joplin... Can anyone offer details? Might be interested!
Just google scootin the ozarks. The place is based out of Eureka Springs, AR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts