Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having acquired a few scuffs and chips from the road on the lower panels I have been looking for a better way to protect them other than touching up the paint constantly. That is where the thought of wrapping the panels came into play. I would like to do a "carbon fiber" vinyl wrap both for the look and it is a thicker material and hopefully more protective. I would probably only do below the floor board and maybe the tranny cover and exhaust shield as they pick up a lot of road wear too.
Anybody out there tried a wrap yet?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I bought some of the 3M stuff on ebay and would advise against it. It smeared in the heat. It did look awesome before that.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice looking Scoot!
I found some chameleon color changing carbon fiber wrap that goes from Blue to Purple that has really caught my eye .

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit the bullet and ordered 3 feet @ $20/foot shipped.
Hoping that is enough for the bottom panels.
Going to try and document the project if I can.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wanted to do that, but my nephew, who does vinyl wrap for a living, advised against it, so I had mine pinstriped instead. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, this wrap probably should have been a 2 man job with all the contours of the bottom panels. :?
I got started and then got interrupted by company. Started back to it and interrupted again and then again. :roll:
4 hours later I finished 1 of the 2 panels. Whew!
I hope the second panel will be quicker now that I am "experienced" :lol: and hope for fewer interruptions. :wink:
I am taking pictures but the color shift really doesn't show up that well but I will post them when I am done. 8)

Wishing my son still lived with us now for his extra hands to help me out.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some pics of the wrap:

one done and one to go

Detail shot

On the Scoot...... You can see the purple color shift from this angle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts