Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
this is Mike from Frankfurt/Germany.
Since half a year I try to get here in Europe as well as directly in Japan someone who would like to organize that a SUZUKI dealer over there will sell me some parts for the AN650, we don´t have here in Europe.
The main problem is, that all emails I sent to Japan are ignored.
The Japanese is shy and he don´t wonna make any mistakes. So he "better not answers" to avoid "loosing his face".

The list of extras for the Burgman AN650 you can check here:

www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave650/accessories.html

So if there is anyone of BURGMAN-USA who would like to get some parts (I´m looking for the Spoiler around the mirrows, partNo.: 99000-99074-10N as well as the "carpet", PartNo.: 99000-99034-29N) to the "ol´ world", please let me know.
Maybe one is flying from Japan via Frankfurt back home to the USA???

...well.... it´s just an idea...

Regards to all of you!
Mike

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mike I too would like to get some of the stuff from Japan. Maybe if I can find someone who can read the web site I might just be able to order if they will ship to the US.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yo! Well cool, lycheed!

I've been thinking the same thing. On the SVX board we've had a New Zealander who lives in Japan who organizes group buys and stuff. Perhaps you could translate the local list for us. I'd certainly consider making it 'worth your while' if I could get some grip warmers and stuff.

8)

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are the Man Lycheed, thanks. I will definitely ask you to get me something, but how will we work it out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
No probs. I don't quite yet know how we would work out payment etc, but let me look into that side of things once we know whether there is anything in particular that you like.

Grip heaters for example are 19,950 JPY, so approximately 184 USD. Instructions probably in Japanese, but shouldn't be too comple to fit. Not certain of shipping costs, etc. Probably feasable to send by FedEx for 30USD or so.

Any ideas on this front?

·
Registered
308 Posts
http://www.paypal.com is a great vehicle to facilitate payment across boarders. PayPal is owned and operated by eBay.

Group Buys can be set-up with a quote including total fees for shipment to North America.

You approach a Suzuki parts dealer with an offer to buy multiple quantities of an item, and then get a quote from him on how much it will cost, including a group discount for certain quantities: 5, 10 or more. Calcuate the Shipping average cost by checking with some shippers (DHL is great for International) for general areas: US, CANADA, UK, EUROPE etc.

Via PayPal, you get receive the payment instantly so you don't have to worry about being paid or the length of time before you receive payment. PayPal (just in case for those who have not used or heard about it) is used reliably by millions worldwide to facilitate long distance payment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used that link and subbed 400 for 650. Man there is stuff I want too! :D Now the questions. Lycheed, as of now you are our only source and contact. Is there any way to get these pages translated so that we can get a cost and/or description of them? Is it possible to ship overseas or is there a dealer on our side of the world that we get order from? Is it possible to get instructions/directions in English?

I am very interested in some add-ons for my 400, but I cannot afford to spend an arm and a leg. If there are other 400 owners interested, perhaps we can get in on this group deal too (if it happens).

OK, that was my two cents. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Zendan, you can use AltaVista Babel Fish to translate the site. Go to Alta Vista's site and follow the directions

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parts from Japan

I´m very sorry that I created that "trouble" to you, lycheed
But I´m very glad, that you "outed" yourself as beeing in Japan.

The payment can be done straight and very easy by Visa or Amexco.
All I would need for me is a valid eMailadress of a Suzuki dealer in Japan, who is able to read english and willing to sell stuff and mail it to me (Germany)

I´m looking just for 2 items:
- the 2 spoilers around the mirrows, PartNo.: 99000-99074-10N for ¥6,090 as well as
- the "carpet", PartNo.: 99000-99034-29N for ¥7,560

Getting this would make me verry happy indeed! And that all together is something around 120.-USD?!
Dou you think that it might be possible to buy?

That would be a great worldwide international internet-action and will proof that Burgman-AN650-riders are worldwide united...

Best regards
Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Translation

Hi folks,

if you follow this link(http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave6 ... ories.html )
you´ll see (from left to right) following items:

01.) Electromotive housing mirror: The new function of the K4-Burgman AN650Ex, electrical movement of the 2 back-mirrows. ATTENTION: each mirrow costs 39900.-Yen (2 pc. = 79800Yen - equal about 750.-USD)
02.) the new K4 Burgman in black with chrom caps on the back-mirrows
03.) Plating mirror cover: Chrom caps for the back mirrows
04.) Mirror lip visor: Spoiler (prob rubber) for the back mirrows
05.) low seat (can be exchanged against the original seat)
06.) grip heater
07.) Carbon pitch front lid panel
08.) Carbon pitch front box panel
09.) Grain pitch front lid panel
10.) Grain pitch front box panel
11.) Center floor mat
12.) CC bar
13.) Rear carrier
14.) Grab bar hook (to affix a net for additional storage on the back-seat)
15.) Chrome muffler cover
16.) Tandem step
17.) robbery cager (anti theft system)

I hope that helps... Thanks for the idea to use AltaVista! :lol:

Best regards
Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
attn: Lycheed

hello lycheed

If you would send me an email I could get in touch with you directly...
Have a nice easter season!
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
:arrow: Waves hands franticly!*** "Me! Me! Pick me too!" I would appreciate a possible connection as well. There are a few things I would love to buy if it is financially prudent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parts from Japan

Hi
I would love to help you to get Parts from Japan.
But actually, it doesn’t make any sense, if you hope on me.
Because it looks now like this:
I mail my order to Japan. One goes to a Suzuki dealer and he gets the parts. He must pay the price plus 5% tax. Than he makes a parcel and he has to pay the post-charges. I pay him 20.-/30.- USD for all the work he did plus reimburse him for the post-charges.

Than the parcel arrives in Germany. I have to pay 7,5% import-tax plus 16% German tax (MwSt, like VAT).
Than I would have to pack new parcels and mail it to you. Again you would have to pay the packing, post-charges plus import-tax to the USA.

For example: My items cost all together in the shop in Japan 65.-USD.
Plus all additionale costs as I mentioned above it comes now to 119.-USD
Almost double!

Sorry, but it’s not worth it.
Except you don’t care about the costs at all...

All the best to you !
Mike

·
Registered
689 Posts
Then why not just give us the dealer info so we can all go to them directly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts