Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody gone to the Isle of Man TT race?

I'm doing some research at this and evaluating this trip, I'm looking for intel from people that have gone there for the event.

any info would help.

thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oh, but I would love to be able to go. But I want to hop in a time machine and go back to the middle to late '60's. I have been in love with the IOM for almost 50 years Got into it when there were 50, 125, 250, 350, and 500 CC classes. I even had a LP record that I bought from Cycle World magazine. Sat for hours playing over and over the sounds of the big English 500 cc singles and the 4, 5, and 6 cylinder Yamahas and Hondas. Oh, what a glorious sound those 18,000 RPM 6 banger 250 Hondas had! Thanks you Youtube they can still be heard.

But alas, the IOM is really not that much of a spectator sport. Unless you are in a helicopter you can never see more than a small portion of the race course. Weather if often bad and prices on everything are astronomical. And, of course, there are no more truly exotic machines out there and riders like Phil Reed and Mike Hailwood are long gone. A true pity that.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Watch yourself
It isn't unknown for friendly members of the motorcycle community to travel without a tent and "borrow" one when they get there and relocate it somewhere else.

Have fun

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yes, I have been twice.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yes, I have been there twice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts