Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a service manual for my Burgman 650. I've keep my eye on the forum looking for a used one, but haven't been at the right place at the right time. I know enough to avoid the manual on a CD, and many of the paper versions that I've seen seem like they've been poorly scanned. But last week I happened across this web site:
http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/ma ... 650/Detail
It looked pretty good, so I ordered one. I just got it today. If this is a fake,it's the best fake I've ever seen. The cover looks just like the pictures I've seen of a real manual. It has the proper part number on the bottom right of the cover page. There is a 4mill thick clear plastic cover on the manual. And it has supplements in the back for the years '04-'09, with fold out wiring diagrams at the very back. The entire thing is a little over an inch thick. All of the photos are very clear, and it looks like it steps you through each step of the process that you're working on. This doesn't look like it came from someone's home printer.
Has anyone else bought on of these? I half expected to be ripped off for my $25.00, but now I'm not so sure. I'd kinda like to compare this manual to one owned by one of the Gurus on the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Sight is closed right now, could that be a sign of ............... :?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I went to this site, than re-posted the address for Manual Wizard in another site last Monday. Than on Tuesday it said it was closed for maintenance when I went back to an order. :scratch: Makes you wander if they are ligament. Some people have replied saying they have used them and been happy with them, so maybe they are ligament and just closed for maintenance. Who knows, I guess time will tell. :?:

·
Registered
158 Posts
still closed...................

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I first saw this site about 4-5 months ago, but I kept looking for a used manual here in the forum. I would occasionally stop back there and think about getting one. After not finding a used one, I finally bit the bullet last week and bought one from these guys. I kinda hope they are just down for maintenance, because I'm real happy with the one I got. I just wanted to compare it to a bonifide manual to see what the differences are, if there are any.

·
Registered
84 Posts
While the other sites for this seller have been down this site on sell.com is still up and running:

http://www.sell.com/24D3F6

Here's the 400 manual:

http://www.sell.com/247L6C

I think it's the same seller as they are both from brooklyn.

They accept PayPal so if it's not legit I assume you can always get your money back with purchase protection.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I notice the ratings for the seller are over 400 but the ratings for the buyers are a majority of 1 rating and maybe 2. With a "member since" date of 2012.
I might not be understanding the rating system and sell.co m might be a new site, but I'm still unsure I could trust them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nillinator said:
I notice the ratings for the seller are over 400 but the ratings for the buyers are a majority of 1 rating and maybe 2. With a "member since" date of 2012.
I might not be understanding the rating system and sell.co m might be a new site, but I'm still unsure I could trust them.
I did buy some DVD's on this site years ago and had no problem with that transaction. They've been around a long time - if you consisder how long the web has been around and cholocholo41 has been a member/seller since 2002.

As I mentioned in my last post - if you use PayPal - they have a buyer protection plan where if the item doesn't arrive then you can file a claim and get a refund which I've done for other vendors - but not sell.com.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks exactly like the site I bought mine from, just $5 more expensive. If anyone else buys one, let me know what you think. I'm still impressed with the one I bought.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
model28a said:
I went to this site, than re-posted the address for Manual Wizard in another site last Monday. Than on Tuesday it said it was closed for maintenance when I went back to an order. :scratch: Makes you wander if they are ligament. Some people have replied saying they have used them and been happy with them, so maybe they are ligament and just closed for maintenance. Who knows, I guess time will tell. :?:
I am curious as to your use of the word ligament? I have not seen it in this context before...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
cliffyk, I meant to type legitimate, but I guess the ligaments in my fingers weren't cooperating. :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
aamigos said:
It looks exactly like the site I bought mine from, just $5 more expensive. If anyone else buys one, let me know what you think. I'm still impressed with the one I bought.
Well I ordered one last Tuesday - the 2nd - and my AN400 service manual arrived today - not bad for the no extra cost media mail. It was wrapped like a mummy and took some effort to finally get it free.

I am impressed. To my surprise, it even included the updates for the 2013 model year -it was only two pages but it was there as well as all the updates for 2010, 2011 and 2012.

I would recommend.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Just ordered one so I'll let everyone know what I think. Paid by Paypal so I can get my $ if there's a problem. :thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got my copy the other day. Sealed envelopes inside envelopes to safeguard against damage.It is a nice manual and you can see the pages are reprints.
I dont know much about todays bookbinding technology, but this one seems fragile.
Overall, I got a speedy delivery with a message to pass along that a buyer can email him directly and save the $5 Sell.c0m charges the seller.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought the 650 Service Manual from the gentleman (cholocholo41) on Sell.com and the product and buying experience was top notch. It cost me $35.00 but that is still WAY under the cost of a back ordered one from a Suzuki dealership. If this is not an authorized copy it should be because it's bound tightly, printed well, and has lots of colored pictures to go along with schematics and directions. The comment that the binding seems fragile may be accurate but it is clear that an effort was made to do this job right. If one misuses any book it will fall apart... It may be a pirated copy but my ethics allows for that kind of entrepreneurship. Surprisingly, 3 weeks after I got it I recieved a second delivery of the full wiring diagrams for Burgmans from 2003-2007. Cholocholo41 stayed in close communications with me throughout the order process and the book was delivered (someone said, "packaged like a mummy" which is correct as it had many layers of protection around it) in almost record time for a Paypal transaction. I recommend this guy 100%. He also has service manuals for many, many other motorcycles available.

Now, with documentation in hand, my 650 should be very scared...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Just got my copy. I'll need to fix the binding as it's broke but after that seems to have everything I'll need. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I ordered one via Paypal today. Waiting to see how long before I get it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts