Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd share my thoughts and misc ramblings about this trunk. And look for feedback at the same time.

I have this trunk from my previous chinese scoot and have been contemplating putting it on my 400 Burg.

http://www.360save.net/eBay/AT3498BK/Motorcycle-Trunk-1.jpg

Overall I like this trunk. The price (60-70.00 shipped) can not be beat for a 2 helmet trunk in my opinion. My passengers have always liked the backrest. Although it does rattle, I think I can quiet it down if I tried, which I would definitely do if it goes on the 400. It holds 2 full size helmets and locks. Has a nice glossy finish on it. It has room to mount 2 speakers in the front corners of it if one was so inclined to do so, similar to Harley styles.

If I had the money, I would buy some version of a GIVI 55. But Givi
's are not in my budget. As for the Besten 929, I think they are ugly. Price isn't bad. I just don't like the looks of them. I hate the big giant red reflectors that go around the entire thing.

Anyway, I have managed to find a few pics of this box mounted on 650's. But I have not yet seen any on a 400. So I wonder if anyone has this box on a 400 and if they do can you share pics of the install?

My ultimate goal is to keep the factory 400 backrest and have this rest "above" the suzuki rest. But I don't know if I will be able to accomplish that.

The last thought.... anyone ever mount any other trunk that has a wrap around back rest like this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ok, you asked for it. If you thought it was ok on your Chinese bike, you will probably have no problem with it on your Japanese bike. I personally do not like the looks of any trunk on any bike. However I do use a trunk on long trips and that is why I have a Givi that is detachable and carries like a suitcase. So I don't have it on the bike much. From the looks of this trunk it is not detachable, big negative I think for resale. Amazon has a trunk for 32 dollars that will hold two full face helmets by TMS. It is similar to besten 929 but without the red piping around the middle which you object to. One last note, If you put that box on your beautiful burgman, it will look like a fly in a bowl of milk. Don't take it personally, it really doesn't matter what I think it is all subjective and it is your bike.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Ya get what you pay for , the cheap ones rattle and well .......they are CHEAP ! Some people find GIVI to expensive for them , but they do have a very good less expensive line called KAPPA which are also very good . I have some KAPPA hard saddle bags and a KAPPA top case and they have served me well . For the newest Burg I bought the new GIVI 22 saddle bags and they are very nice . In the end it's what you are happy with and can afford . I've had some of the cheap stuff and it all rattled and drove me nuts , so now it's pretty much GIVI for me .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been wanting only that pad so I can mount it as the backrest for my GIVI Maxia 52 lieter.
The pad can be had on ebay separately. The problem is that the pad itself is curved on the back. It doesn't have a flat back. Making it difficult to put on other boxes. Although with a little ingenuity I'm sure it's possible to mode somehow.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon has a trunk for 32 dollars that will hold two full face helmets by TMS. If you put that box on your beautiful burgman, it will look like a fly in a bowl of milk.
Gappy, no offense taken. I laughed when I read your comment actually. Heck we all know that cosmetically, to each his own;)

I see this box that I have is also marketed by TMS..
http://www.amazon.com/TMS-%TBOX-JK1001-K-Universal-Motorcycle-Backrest/dp/B00513G82U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424713804&sr=8-1&keywords=tms+trunk#customerReviews.

This other box you're referring to is this one i assume. It looks to have potential for low cost. I still think this big giant red reflector looks bad but... certainly the cost is right.

Amazon.com: TMS® Universal XL Large Matte Black Motorcycle Scooter Luggage Trunk Top Case Tail Box Fits 2 Helmets New: Automotive

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they do have a very good less expensive line called KAPPA which are also very good .

TheReaper!
Reaper, I have admired a few kappa, still debating. Kappa have the "look" I'm going for for sure. I have to make up my mind before spring.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
"I hate the big giant red reflectors that go around the entire thing."

If it makes any difference to you, the 929 comes with two wraps, the red one and a black one. I had the same opinion as you and put the black one on. While admittedly not the most stylish, I don't think it is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts