Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through the various posts of the last few years about the 650 occasionally being hard to start. My '08 does this sporadically. I have noticed something that to me seems odd but it is the one common denominator in each failure to start. Each time it failed to start I had started it when cold long enough to drive it under the garage [about 20 ft] and shut it down. The next morning it will not start without cranking it with the throttle part way open. I experimented with it by purposely starting it momentarily then shutting it down and I get the same results the following morning. I can't figure what could possibly be happening to cause this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you only run it for such a short time the engine is running very rich, you then
shut it down and due to the engine being cold the excess fuel does not evaporate,
when you come to restart it you have this fuel plus the rich starting mix for this
start and so need to add air by opening the throttle to get it to burn, it's not very
good practice to do this as it not only causes the above but washes oil from the
bores leading to wear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts