Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well it starts!!!, parked up on saturday and expecting the worst and a 0550 after about 10 seconds it started, 3 day in a row-not ideal as it seems to be variable and gives no indication that it is going to start
I will adjust down from 6 turns and check the plug
Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wow, what a trial to have to go through. It reminds me of the days when I had a bike with a carb. It hated cold weather, and I hated trying to start it. Sometimes it would quit at a light and I would have to push it to the side of the road and try to get it started again. I was really glad to see the bike go when I sold it! I hope you have finally gotten past the worst. Burgmans are good bikes, so I am surprised that you have been having this much of a problem with it. Let us know if you finally found the problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This morning, it was icy and had snowed a bit last night, at 0455 I went out twisted the throttle(pumper carb) to get a bit of a rich mixture and after 2 goes of about 8-10 seconds it started, not very well but i was expecting the to get the jump leads out
I will over the weekend adjust the pilot screw to maybe 4.5 or 5 rather than the current 6 turns out
Cheers
Ray

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.