Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me go to bike show with 2 friend and spend time with new 2013 EVO Burgie, we know under seat storage now 6 litre capacity less than previous Burgie, but stll very very good.

Suzuki have black Burgie 650 Exec EVO on floor, we mostly like what we see of new EVO bike, more time spend around bike more accept new look, still take sometime however to go from like to really love look.

Have concern with passenger grip bar with seem to be away further from side panel compare to previos burgie, these up higher also and place back more toward rear end of bike.

Me think Kiwi Dave or Mueller hard case bracket not fit new 2013 EVO model, also only find it one mounting hole only for mount bracket in new EVO model passenger handle grip bar, GIVI hard shell side case may be not mount presently on 2013 EVO.

Also friend get down to find CVT bolt, but not find this, placement not seem same as 2002-2012 Burgie, note could not get under bike to find at will as too many people around bike.

Have other BUSA member notice this.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
These are the Accessories listed for the new beast.Top case,Side visor,Chrome front garnish,Tunnel bag.

As soon as I can get my hands on one I will sort out side case racks. I will be keen to talk to any BUSA member who has taken delivery of one.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I wonder if the underseat storage is less than before OR if it is another typo in their publicity material.

If it is less - why?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scooter-Station say under seat storage unfortunately loose 6 liter storage space because some change of design to frame.

This space change noticeable on Suzuki bike at show, you see it shape different.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Dave's racks should fit the 2013's with a bit modification.
If one looks closely at the passenger grab rails, one can see that the cargo hook
bolt-ins are still there.

A new approach for the bottom support may be needed.

Dave will figure it out once he sees one in person.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I put some picture here that show change in grab handle, rounder now and place more back than 2002-2012 model.

Also Givi Maxia 52 - 55 mount plate probably not fit new Burgie, hope Maxia fit with other new model plate.

Fuel door look more back now on 2013.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great work Cherie. Thanks for the thorough research and pictures. Very helpful!! Sometimes it seems that changes are made just to make changes. I'd like to see something more substantial such as an 800cc option or a more adjustable suspension. Til that happens I'm looking to put 100K on my 07 and I'm halfway there with no major problems.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Looking at the new pillion grab rail, which is set back further and maybe more steeply angled, I think this gives Kiwi Dave the opportunity to arrange for a more set back arrangement for the mounting frames. This should allow for an easier access for the passenger to mount the bike.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NormanB said:
Looking at the new pillion grab rail, which is set back further and maybe more steeply angled, I think this gives Kiwi Dave the opportunity to arrange for a more set back arrangement for the mounting frames. This should allow for an easier access for the passenger to mount the bike.

Problem with put hard shell side case back on bike more this take weight from front and make front lighter, 650 already have light front.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chérie said:
NormanB said:

Problem with put hard shell side case back on bike more this take weight from front and make front lighter, 650 already have light front.
Also if side case set back to far this may be increase more quick rear tire wear.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well any actual change in centre of gravity of loaded bags would be small in the scheme of things.
Tyre wear is predominated by acceleration and braking forces rather than weight per se.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cherie,
I have been to the bike show in Daytona a few times this week and I can not even get to the "like" stage for the 2013 Burgie. Over here they were showing a white model. I agree that the under seat storage looks smaller. The fit and finish on the floor model was poor. They had it sitting next to a 2013 Burgie 400 which had red piping on the black seat and red strips on the wheels and it made the 650 look even worse by comparison. My overall impression is small compared to the older models. Of course being 6"2" and over 200 lbs. may skew my opinion but I now think I am in the market for a leftover 2012 instead. Also, after sitting on the 2013 Burgie{ they had none for demo rides ] and then getting back on my '08 I liked the comfort on mine better. Finally, I asked the local Suzuki rep who was there why TBA instead of a price on the 2013 in the states. He shrugged his shoulders and said they are trying to hold the price under $10,500. There is a lot out there in that price range or less.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fulton Williams said:
Cherie,
I have been to the bike show in Daytona a few times this week and I can not even get to the "like" stage for the 2013 Burgie. Over here they were showing a white model. I agree that the under seat storage looks smaller. The fit and finish on the floor model was poor. They had it sitting next to a 2013 Burgie 400 which had red piping on the black seat and red strips on the wheels and it made the 650 look even worse by comparison. My overall impression is small compared to the older models. Of course being 6"2" and over 200 lbs. may skew my opinion but I now think I am in the market for a leftover 2012 instead. Also, after sitting on the 2013 Burgie{ they had none for demo rides ] and then getting back on my '08 I liked the comfort on mine better. Finally, I asked the local Suzuki rep who was there why TBA instead of a price on the 2013 in the states. He shrugged his shoulders and said they are trying to hold the price under $10,500. There is a lot out there in that price range or less.
Burgie 650 at Daytona show pre-production bike, can this be.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I was at my local shop today and they said they've got a 2012 and a 2013 being put together right now in Denver, and that they should be here in Grand Junction in a couple of days or so. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wonder if Kiwi Dave have work done on 2013-2014 650 side case bracket ?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Cherie I had a PM conversation with KiwiDave last month and he has not had a 2013 in his grasp to enable progress.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts