Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with these bags?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Silv ... 4572027870

Do you think they could be mounted with only the four pieces of metal provided with them?

Do you think they would look funny with or without a top case?

Another question: Where can I get mounts for the above bags if the mounts provided won't work?

Any help would be appreciated.

May the Force be with you.

DV

·
Registered
115 Posts
The mounting of saddle bags is something I have tried to deal with to make the Burgman more "touring machine" in nature.

There are no commercially available mounts that I am aware of. Some forum members have found a private German forum user ( of another site ) that makes a mount available for the 650 that is reported to mount in existing holes ,off the original grab rails of the AN650.I have seen photos and it appears high quality.

However, attempts to acquire these have met with some problems as the gentleman reportedly wants and only accepts "direct wire" transfer of funds to his bank in Germany. But, their quality ,in stainless steel ,is reported to be excellent.

I believe prices for the mounts was somewhere in the vacinity of $186.00.

Some owners , which are mechanically included ,have designed a series of their own mounts to attach bags.

You might be able to configure a mount of your own but feel it would require more than the simple 4 pieces of metal that you are viewing ( IMHO).Remember that on the 650 ( if that is what you have),you must also have access to the gas cap for fueling.

A few forum users may reply ,to your post, that have built ( or acquired) their own mounting systems for saddle bags. Most seem to reply to install a top case, as opposed to saddle bags, for storage, but I like saddle bags more ( It's on old BMW thing for me :lol: ).

Some might suggest "soft" luggage but I have found other users that cannot keep them "tight" on the bike , at speed, without them "rubbing" against the side finish of the bike.

So until the mounts are either more easily available ,or produced by a forum user here, all I can do is dream.... :cry:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DennisG said:
The mounting of saddle bags is something I have tried to deal with to make the Burgman more "touring machine" in nature.

There are no commercially available mounts that I am aware of. Some forum members have found a private German forum user ( of another site ) that makes a mount available for the 650 that is reported to mount in existing holes ,off the original grab rails of the AN650.I have seen photos and it appears high quality.

However, attempts to acquire these have met with some problems as the gentleman reportedly wants and only accepts "direct wire" transfer of funds to his bank in Germany. But, their quality ,in stainless steel ,is reported to be excellent.

I believe prices for the mounts was somewhere in the vacinity of $186.00.

Some owners , which are mechanically included ,have designed a series of their own mounts to attach bags.

You might be able to configure a mount of your own but feel it would require more than the simple 4 pieces of metal that you are viewing ( IMHO).Remember that on the 650 ( if that is what you have),you must also have access to the gas cap for fueling.

A few forum users may reply ,to your post, that have built ( or acquired) their own mounting systems for saddle bags. Most seem to reply to install a top case, as opposed to saddle bags, for storage, but I like saddle bags more ( It's on old BMW thing for me :lol: ).

Some might suggest "soft" luggage but I have found other users that cannot keep them "tight" on the bike , at speed, without them "rubbing" against the side finish of the bike.

So until the mounts are either more easily available ,or produced by a forum user here, all I can do is dream.... :cry:
Could you post the pictures you mention? Also, do you have any idea how I might get in touch with this German gentleman?

Thanks.
DV

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually they are posted in our own BurgmanUSA Gallery already. It is actually titled " Untitled" under a set of pictures and I just found it residing somewhere around page 22 in the gallery.

Kelly-"LCKdragon", a common poster on this forum, I believe obtained all necessary numbers for contact with him but I find that he works only with "wire funds" directly to his bank in Germany.

NO Paypal or other payments accepted . At last contact with Kelly he was trying to somehow find a way to transfer funds but have not heard further.Probably encountered too much difficulty.

My bank cannot send the funds.

I believe another forum user, in Canada, was successful with his bank or credit union to Germany and received the mounts fine in a week or so.

Dennis

·
Registered
115 Posts
"Romain Georges"( BurgmanUSA ID) , was the Quebec resident that purchased the mounts from Germany. I just found it in an old forum post.

You might give him a PM, he had all direct contact information at last time he posted. :)

If you decide to go through with it, let me know your results.

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts