Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am plannind to build a set out of fiberglass saddle bags for 650 that will fit the contour of the body and will take soft luggage, some one on google fourm a while back had a picture of a 400 with these on from Japan, any one got a picture of this, I had a small picture, but would like some other views. Wayne :idea:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gesssh!!!
Those things look GREAT! I wonder where they came from and how do I get a set!
That would be prefect! :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea thats the picture, my next project. Exhaust would have to be dropped a bit at back bracket, I am going to unhook it and put some heat to pipes behind front bracket, bend it down a little then lenghten the back bracket. I like working with foam and fiberglass, comming up with new designs. I will put a picture on gallery of my goldwing trunk with spoiller i built for my helix out of foam and fiberglass, body fill, lots of sanding, and paint, then dug out foam when done. Was large enough to hold helmet. Wayne :idea:

·
Registered
8 Posts
saddle bags

I sure hope you can and will build these or ones like these bags, they look great and I'd be very interested myself. Am currently planning on getting a set of GiviE21 bags but will wait if you might make these. Keep us posted (AN650)

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started on saddle bags, took a day to come up with a shape i like, they look like BMW K1200 LT. They will be 20 in x 12in x 7 1/2 in. I cut out foam and will start shaping it , will take a few weeks to do with summer and riding. I have to make the plug out of foam and fiber glass, lots of sanding and body fill, this I will use for my self. If any one is interested in them , I would have to make a mould for each one , then use mould to make each saddle bag, 3 steps to get there. I will post a picture of shape of saddle bag soon. The muffler does not have to be dropped, and bag will fasten to bracket on muffler and grab rail on bike. The other side will have to have a bracket come down like muffler bracker. Just dont know how Im going to work around the gas tank cover, may remove hinges and velcro, clip or magnet it in place. Still lots of things to work out :idea:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks good Wayne! I don't know whether I like the wing part at the back, I understand why you did it, following the lines but for me it looks a lot 50s.
What kind of foam are you using for it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts