Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like the electric impact wrench I use to remove and reinstall my variator and clutch.

[attachment=0:33eevw72]Capture.JPG[/attachment:33eevw72]

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats the one i have. Works great

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have had one of those for well over 15 years, and at times had it so hot you could not hold it i your hand. The only failure has been the power switch, I got a replacement from HF for $8.00 IIRC with shipping. I've had a good sized compressor for some years now but still use the electric wrench from time to time...

It's a clone of a Black & Decker Industrial model from the late 70s/early 80s, we had a dozen or more in a mill I worked in years ago:

Well worth $40...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sweet find! All their coupons piss me off- some on facebook, some in mailers, some in the paper- put all the offers in one place darnit!

I got a 20%off $100 coupon too- was looking to see if I had enough gear to total that- but may take this offer instead.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't get po'd, Harbor Freight is your friend. I have always had good luck haggling any price downward. Of course, you have to be at the store and dealing with the floor mgr.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
just to add a bit more hands on testimony for this worthwhile tool...

I used it today to remove a pulley nut on the 650 that was torqued at 165 lb-ft using a 34mm socket ... worked like a charm...

At first when I got it it felt a bit heavy but I hardly notice it anymore...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I believe its heft is due to its being a decent quality clone of the original B&D Industrial design. I have a B&D 6" belt sander, and several Milwaukee power tools of the same vintage (one being a Sawzall that is 44 years old) they all share that trait...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts