Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
President Abraham Lincoln nationalized Thanksgiving day by setting the date to the third thursday or something like that, before he did it was generally celebrated in november but not on any particular day (and certainly not by turkeys) The turkeys at one time were kept as domestic livestock but not as food,(southwest native americans or mayans or incas or sommat like that ) rather for their feathers and as a gift to be given (but not eaten) white turkeys are said to me meaner and stupider than brown turkeys, who can be quite sociable if allowed to be.
I will be enjoyin turkey hotdogs and turkey burgers on Thanksgiving , as a side dish to my main course of refreshin beverages.
That's all I got

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If you keep it under the seat from now to Thanksgiving it should be done by then. Keep basting it though to keep it moist. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We will be having chicken as usual and calling it turkey. They have turkey now at Cosco here but it's much to expensive. The only other turkeys I see here are riding around on SYM's and Kymco's. OH! sorry, rjs987..uuups I'm one too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
台灣有很多美女 and in Texas, just bigger; everything is bigger in Texas, including turkeys.
Mikey was she from Taiwan? If so she seems a little conceited. Also, I think that we all know by now that there are no ladies at the KLUBS you frequent, just lots of girls and poles who know how to pick up dollar bills with their butt cheeks.
台中人

·
Registered
662 Posts
President Abraham Lincoln nationalized Thanksgiving day by setting the date to the third thursday or something like that, before he did it was generally celebrated in november but not on any particular day (and certainly not by turkeys) The turkeys at one time were kept as domestic livestock but not as food,(southwest native americans or mayans or incas or sommat like that ) rather for their feathers and as a gift to be given (but not eaten) white turkeys are said to me meaner and stupider than brown turkeys, who can be quite sociable if allowed to be.
I will be enjoyin turkey hotdogs and turkey burgers on Thanksgiving , as a side dish to my main course of refreshin beverages.
That's all I got
I’ve got wild turkeys on my property here. They’re pretty stupid, but have great eyesight, and are pretty quick to do a B17 takeoff when they figure they can’t walk or run in time. They can be pretty comical when they do their patented crash landing into the upper half of a white pine tree, as you hear them breaking off small branches during the landing on a large branch, as needles and pine cones rain down.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got Wild Turkey sitting on my property right now too, right next to the Gin. Apparently it flew all the way from Kentucky or maybe took a boat. 台中人

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like some of you celebrate Thanksgiving a week ago. Round here, we do it today. Have a happy safe Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble. 🦃
Thanksgiving is a harvest festival that originated in October and has always been celebrated for more than one day. In your country where it is all sand you probably don't have harvest festivals.

·
Administrator
22,241 Posts
We have always had 15 days of giving thanks to life. Every day starting 15 days before the Thursday Thanksgiving day we write down:

1. Today I am Thankful for.............................

The next day

2. And Today I am Thankful for ..........................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts