Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too early for our American cousins, I know...

The shadows are growing longer, the trees getting drowsy and early morning frost threatens in the Great White North.

I propose a toast to Suzuki's various models of Burgman (and their riders), scooters that can easily carry off frozen turkeys for a fine feast!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's hoping your family dinners are joyful and not dreaded! Eat well, go for a stroll, :walk: and doze off by the fireside...

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Just a bit early, but thanks for the thoughts! I hope you enjoy yours too.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The weather must be getting pretty bad up there by the end of November. Glad you get to celebrate when the air is just getting crisp. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
493 Posts
yep, maybe i live in the USA but I was there in Canada for thanksgiving. In Quebec, we don't celebrate with a turkey but we are thankful for a last warm day before the snow; you know, the last day with the BBQ, nice walk in the wood with fall color, last 3 days weekend before Christmas, last time drinking a beer outside on a restaurant patio in the Quebec old town....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just a bit early, but thanks for the thoughts! I hope you enjoy yours too.
Early or late....it's all relative. For instance, a couple weeks ago, 1st week of Oct, as I was passing through New Orleans, LA, it was sunny and 90 F, and the humidity was in the 90%. HOT! I stopped in a Costco, and lo-behold, they had already put out christmas trees! I must have missed their Butterball Turkey specials?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The weather must be getting pretty bad up there by the end of November. Glad you get to celebrate when the air is just getting crisp. Happy Thanksgiving!
Where I live, I get to ride 365 days. Forecast to be sunny & mild w/ 75-85 F for the next 6 weeks heading into Thanksgiving. With summer now behind us, there's so many rallies, enduros, and street rides going on right now to compete w/ my weekend riding pleasures. Come winter, it only gets down to the mid 50's F here. Nooooo problemo. :D:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Envy, envy! I'm running the heated vest and gloves to extend the dying of the light up here. Then it's an oil change before I tuck the Bluburg into the garage as the snow flies. Good Lord, I hope winter isn't as bad as the previous one. Toronto (often fairly mild) plunged to -4F--in MARCH. Brrr, April never crested 55F. :sad7:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I love the change of seasons - it gives me a great perspective on life - except that its that time of the year for me to start thinking about winterizing the scooter and the Karmann Ghia and put em side by side in the garage to pass the winter plugged into their respective battery tenders.

Thats the only downside to living where I do. Not all of Washington State has good winter weather. The thermometer might dip below freezing about mid-late November and not see at or above freezing until late January or mid February. The scooter and the Ghia will not see light of day until about mid-late March. Other than that I love it here. I don't envy you guys that live in Texas or Louisiana where the temps seldom dip to freezing and the riding is nearly year round. And no envy whatever when your temps and the humidity are at an equal number! 90/90? No thanks! I do envy that you get to ride so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts