count on merriment all the way to the countdown
Long live hilarity euphoria and flumadiddle
Long live gaiety
for all the laity

~ James Broughton ~

·
Registered
169 Posts
Spring was sprung some time ago here in the "Land of Enchantment". I've been riding long day trips since early February.
But for those in less temperate climes (most of the northern states) still digging out of snow and ice, I'm sure they are anxious to see warmer weather!
Downside of spring in New Mexico are the strong winds and blowing dirt. Yuck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It is difficult to get to excited about spring here in Massachusetts especially when the High temp for today is in the high 20's or low 30's, but happy spring just the same. Now to go defrost my trucks windshield and de-ice my walkway..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well heck Yoda, just do like me and put some rocks in your pockets on those windy days. Works for me in the Roswell area :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I drove across Kansas and Eastern Colorado two years ago in a strong wind.... It was so strong I was tacking to keep in my lane. When a large truck passed me it was the only time I could ride totally vertical. When the wind blows out there it really blows!!! To tell the truth, I'd trade a cold day for a windy one without question.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Just love all you optimistic people, god bless you all, this is worst winter here in long long time, here it 20° F and still 3-4 feet of snow on ground in this area, me just want to get on bike and ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride.

Spring thaw not come fast enough for us this year !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cherie: about the only riding you can do right now is put skis on your Burgman and ride it half way to Florida that way. It's cold here in Massachusetts too, but we are at least on a warming trend. Quebec has some beautiful country to ride through and your time to ride, ride, ride (etc) is just on the horizon. Keep the faith, when the tide comes in, all the ships will rise... The sun will shine on us all!

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was an old commercial that I used to hear on the radio...

"Spring has sprung and the grass has riz,
I wonder where my new Suzuki iz"

I might be a little off on the second line but the "riz" and "iz" are correct and have stuck with me for years.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just love all you optimistic people, god bless you all, this is worst winter here in long long time, here it 20° F and still 3-4 feet of snow on ground in this area, me just want to get on bike and ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, ride.

Spring thaw not come fast enough for us this year !
Cherie, I have an idea for you. Just contact a shipping company and have your bike shipped to southern California. Fly out and pick it up and slowly start riding across the southern USA. When you get to Florida ride about the American South until the roads up there in your area are clear. Then ride home about June or so.

Just trying to help.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cherie, I have an idea for you. Just contact a shipping company and have your bike shipped to southern California. Fly out and pick it up and slowly start riding across the southern USA. When you get to Florida ride about the American South until the roads up there in your area are clear. Then ride home about June or so.

Just trying to help.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
Cherie, I'll pick you up at the airport if you don't mind riding Bitc. on the 650. Lol.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

Just trying to help.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
Have friend who do that, tour west coast for 3 week on his BMW motorcycle and just love it.

Chérie had plan to go to Florida/Louisianna this winter for 2-3 week but have health issue that change plan very quickly, perhap next year will do it, would love to spend a couple of month in Arizona area also, but not in summer, been there and just so incredibly hot, not for me.

Will be looking for respectable inexpensive place to spend ride time for a couple month in southern U.S as of winter 2016.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cherie, I stopped feeling bad about the weather here in Kansas after reading your post. Hope a heat wave comes your way soon and you can be back to riding.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Cherie, I stopped feeling bad about the weather here in Kansas after reading your post. Hope a heat wave comes your way soon and you can be back to riding.

4 more inch of snow tomorrow, next week have some temperature at
0° F, sheesh.

I have only 2 word for the weather goddess and it definitely not
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Sun is shining here in Worcester Massachusetts. I think Cherie's "Weather Goddess" is trying to lure the unsuspecting into a sense if warmth and well being, only to slam "us" with a freeze once we get out. The temperature is still only in the mid 20's (F). Perhaps we ALL will catch a break when Mother Nature decides to Bit*h slap the icicles out of Ms Goddess and send her to her room for 6 months...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anyone interested in a meet & greet in NC % VA. Thinking Fancy Gap, Va. On highway 52 at The Blue Ridge Parkway. South of Hillsville,Va. and north of Mt. Airy, NC. Date: April 9 for us retirees and April 12 which is Saturday. Anybody interested? David willett

·
Registered
133 Posts
I thought spring was here in the Cleveland OH area, but we just received 3-4 inches of that white stuff again last night. Suppose to warm up though.

“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything”
― William Shakespeare

1 - 16 of 16 Posts