Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully our 05/B-650 will arrive within a couple weeks. Wife, Carolyn, and I are really excited. Last time I rode a scooter was on a Cushman in the mid 40's. Started riding motorcycles in the late 40's. Since then have riden, raced dirt, motorcross, cross country, competed on trial bikes and raced insanely at crazy lean angles around road courses on my personally modified race bikes. Do all my own work in my private shop. Total riding years around 57. Quit roadcourses two years ago while 70 yrs. due severe back problems that really slowed me down. Continued limited riding till recently when I had major back surgery. Have sold my motorcycles and now excited about the scooter. We are so looking forward to some peaceful touring and the many nice advantages of the Burgman. Finding this site was a wonderful experience and I have spent part of two days reading everything I could find here. Having been active on many forums I am truly impressed with this excellent forum and the interesting and very knowledgeable members. I'll try to be a productive member. At 72 am I the oldest member? Gee...sure hope so. Carolyn is a young trophy wife of only 69.
Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Chuck!
Wow! What a rich cycling history!
I am sure you and Carolyn will be pleased with your new Burgman.
Best regards!
Pete :hello2:

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Welcome Chuck,

I have done some riding on different bikes also, but not as many as you. You should be able to provide us with a lot of experence we haven't had. I think you will be pleasently suprised how smooth and quiet the 650 is. Analogys like "turbine smooth" and "electric" a pretty close to being dead on. Got to go riding now (dig,dig), suposed to get to 50 today.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chuck,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. It would appear that you have been riding for as long as I have been alive! I think that is great. I am not sure that you are the current oldest active member. It seems like whenever someone boasts about their age, someone else pops up and calls them a youngster! My first scooter was a 1958 Cushman Eagle. They don't build 'em like they used to - and that is a GOOD thing! :wink:

Enjoy your AN650 and the forums!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Chuck. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Chuck and welcome to the forum. Sounds to me like you will enjoy both riding and working on your new 650. Let us know how long it takes you to get a knee down :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome!!!

Glad to have you join the forums, Chuck!

Looking forward to hearing about your Burgman experiences....

Susan

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome, Chuck!

I picked up my own, new 650 on Friday and it's great. I hope you enjoy yours as much when you take delivery, and I look forward to hearing more from you in due course.

Ride safe!

:wink:

(PS. I'm a contented 52 and counting .... )

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Chuck, theres 3 of us with 400's in the Triad area of NC. Two of us are 70, and the older one is 77. He's a member of this group but not very active on it. We have one whippersnapper in upper 40's on a 650. When the weather gets better we'll have to convene somewhere mid-way for breakfast and maybe some other N.C. scoot riders will come. By the way, we've been down to Sanford several times just riding around; seems like a good dealer there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your excellent purchase decision. You also offer to those of us in our forties the hope that we can be riding for another 25-30 years! :p I wonder what the Burgman 2026 will look like.....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Chuck, welcome to the forums and congrats on the new 650 :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Chuck

Its great to have you with us - Welcome :hello2:

Well you have a deal of experience to pass on to us young 'whippersnappers' (51) and I look forward to yur future posts.

I am most impressed with your speed reading ability - read the forum in 2 days! :shock:

I hope the Lardy proves to be the vehicle you need to keep you rolling on two for the next ten years or so!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome Chuck!

It is great to have all these traditional motrocyclist stating how great the Burgman is and that someone with all your experience would pick the Burgman to continue riding on. I wish you and your wife happy and safe riding days :D !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome Chuck and Carolyn,
Glad to see your post on the forum and hope your scoot gets here soon. Im sure the two of you will really enjoy it. We have several friends who ride maxi scooters, but also still own, ride, and attend rallys on cushmans. Lots of great scoots out there.

Helix
:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chuck,

Welcome,
Hope we can get together sometime and talk bikes.
I'm a youngster at 44
Its good to hear someone else has done trials.

Reciently got a 400k5 and loving it.

Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts